The Weeknd Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 173 cm
in meters - 1.73 m
in feet inches - 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 85 kg
in Pounds - 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||-Chest: 42 Inches
-Waist: 34 Inches
-Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1990|
|Age (as in 2017)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Scarborough, Ontario, Canada|
|School(s)||West Hill Collegiate Institute (Dropout)
Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute (Dropout)
|Educational Qualification||High School Dropout|
|Debut||Singles- "Wicked Games" (2012)
Album- Kiss Land (2013)
|Family||Father- Makonnen Tesfaye
Mother- Samra Tesfaye
|Religion||Christianity (Oriental Orthodox Christian)|
|Address||A mansion in Hidden Hills, California
|Hobbies||Traveling, Dancing, Fishing|
|Controversies||In 2015, he was allegedly involved in an incident at The Cromwell Las Vegas Boutique Hotel in Las Vegas. It is still not clear, whether it was a physical or verbal fight, but when the local police arrived to resolve the issue, The Weeknd punched an officer. Though he was taken to jail, he was bailed and was charged with one count of misdemeanor battery of a protected person.|
|Favorite Singers/Musicians||Michael Jackson, Drake, David Bowie, Tilahun Gessesse, Aster Aweke, Mahmoud Ahmed|
|Favorite Song||"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson, "Off the Wall" by
|Favorite TV Show||Game of Thrones|
|Favorite Food||Ethiopian food|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Girlfriends/Affairs||Alice Ustinova (2012)
Bella Hadid (2015 - 2016)
Selena Gomez (2016)
|Cars Collection||McLaren P1, Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster, Bentley Mulsanne
|Net Worth||$92 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About The Weeknd
- Does The Weeknd smoke? : Yes
- Does Weeknd drink alcohol?: Yes
- The Weeknd has his roots in Ethiopia as his parents were born in Ethiopia and migrated to Canada in the 1980s.
- He had a lonely childhood as his father was never around him and his mother was a workaholic in his growing years.
- He spent the majority of his childhood or teenage with his grandmother, where he learned his primary language, Amharic (an Afroasiatic language).
- In his teenage days, he was a drug addict and used to consume MDMA, Xanax, cocaine, mushrooms, and ketamine.
- He always wanted to do something related to music, and after leaving his home, he pursued his interest in music and released a free download called “House of Balloons” in 2011. He also released two more mixtapes, that gave the initial push to his music career.
- The same year, he collaborated with Drake on his album ‘Take Care’ (2011), which earned him a deal with Universal’s Republic Records.
- He and his fellow crew-member got the idea of his stage name “The Weeknd” from his real life story when he left his mother’s home – “left one end of the week and never got back home.”
- The spelling of his stage name was initially “The Weekend” which was already taken by a band, due to which he took the “e” out of his stage name and re-spelled it to “The Weeknd.”
- In December 2010, he entered the YouTube world and transferred his tracks, such as – “What You Need,” “Space Music,” and “The Morning” under the name “The Weeknd.”
- Despite the initial success, he didn’t like the spotlight, taking pictures, getting interviewed because he was insecure about his appearance.
- In 2012, he re-released his mixtapes as ‘Trilogy,’ which not only became an instant hit, but also made a platinum-selling record.
- His crew name is “XO” which represents the drugs – Ecstasy, and Oxycontin.
- For around 4 years, he had a “palm tree” like hairstyle which was inspired by artist Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- There was a lot of publicity chaos when he declined to sign under Drake’s name, OVO Sound, but there is no hatred between the two. He told Drake from the beginning that he needed to go to an alternative course.
- Before his every performance, he sings Michael Jackson’s “Off the Wall” as an energy booster.
- His distinct voice, and similarity to Michael Jackson, make him appealing to all genres of music.
- He is the first male singer to top the Hot 100, Billboard 200, and Artist 100 charts in the same calendar year.
- Until 2017, he used to live in a rented house in the Hollywood Hills, reportedly a haunted house.