Ted Cruz Age, Affairs, Wife, Family, Biography, Facts & More
|Real Name||Rafael Edward Cruz|
|Political Journey||• 1996-1997: Appointed as Clerk for Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist.
• 1999-2000: Became the domestic advisor during the George W. Bush's Presidential Campaign.
• 2001: Became Associate Deputy Attorney General at the Department of Justice.
• 2001-2003: Appointed as Director of the Office of Policy Planning.
• July 31, 2012: Defeated Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst in the elections for the Republican Senate nomination.
• November 6, 2012: Elected as US senator from Texas by defeating Democrat Paul Sadler.
• January 3, 2013: Sworn in as the 34th US senator from Texas.
• 2016: Ran for the Presidential election.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 178 cm
in meters - 1.78 m
in feet inches - 5’ 10”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Hazel Green|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Houston, Texas, United States|
|School(s)||Faith West Academy near Katy, Texas
Second Baptist High School in Houston
|Educational Qualification(s)||Artium Baccalaureus from Princeton University
Juris Doctor from Harvard University
|Family||Father- Rafael Cruz
Mother- Eleanor Darragh
Brother- Michael Wilson
Sisters- Roxana Cruz, Miriam Cruz
|Ethnicity/Race||Cuban, Irish, German, American|
|Address||Russell Senate Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20510
|Favorite Music||George Strait|
|Favorite Movie||The Princess Bride|
|Favorite TV Show||Criminal Minds|
|Favorite U.S. Senator Colleague||Mike Lee|
|Favorite Game||Candy Crush|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||May 27, 2001|
Daughter- Caroline Camille Cruz, Catherine Christiane Cruz
|Net Worth (approx.)||$ 7 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ted Cruz
- As a kid, he loved spending time in the lake behind his house.
- At the age of 11, he did his first job in his parents’ company as a computer operator and was paid $1 per hour.
- Cruz was once suspended in his high-school because he skipped his classes to play foosball.
- His family went bankrupt when he was in high school, and he took loans and did part-time jobs to pay for his higher education.
- In his college days, he climbed Mount Fuji in Japan.
- He used to have dual citizenship of both the United States and Canada, till the date he revoked his Canadian citizenship in 2014.
- Before becoming a Senator, Cruz was a law professor at the School of Law at the University of Texas from 2004 to 2009.
- While studying at Princeton, he won the American Parliamentary Debate Association national championship with his classmate, David Panton and was given the title “Speaker of the Year.”
- He is so much in love with his favorite movie- The Princess Bride that he can quote every line of it anytime.
- In his leisure time, he loves taking his daughters to the park and riding bikes along with them or sometimes, swimming in the pool, going to the aquarium or shopping at a store.
- On January 3, 2013, Cruz was sworn in as the 34th US senator from Texas.
- He is always spotted wearing Cowboy Boots everywhere, and upon being asked, he said that he wears them almost anywhere.
- On holidays, he loves spending time with his family and invariably plays dominoes with them in the Cuban style.
- On June 30, 2015, his book titled- “A Time for Truth: Reigniting the Promise of America” was released, which was later categorized as a bestseller by New York Times.