Jerome Powell Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography, Facts & More
|Full Name||Jerome Hayden Powell|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 178 cm
in meters - 1.78 m
in feet inches - 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 70 kg
in Pounds - 154 lbs
|Eye Color||Moss Green|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1953|
|Age (as in 2018)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States|
|School||Georgetown Preparatory School, Maryland|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Princeton University in 1975
Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center in 1979
|Family||Father- Jerome Powell (lawyer)
Mother- Patricia (Hayden)
Brother- Matthew Powell
Sisters- Tia Powell, Libby Powell Lathi, Susan Byrd, Monica Powell Dolin
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Reading, Traveling|
|Favorite Politician(s)||George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, Donald Trump|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Elissa Leonard (filmmaker)
|Marriage Date||September 14, 1985|
|Children||Son- Sam Powell
Daughters- Lucy Powell, Susie Powell
|Net Worth||between $19.7 million and $55 million (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jerome Powell
- Does Jerome Powell smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jerome Powell drink alcohol?: Not Known
- While pursuing Bachelor of Arts in Politics at the Princeton University, his senior thesis was titled “South Africa: Forces for Change.”
- In 1975-1976, Powell collaborated with Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his Legislative Assistant. Richard also ran unsuccessfully for Vice President of the United States during the Primary election in 1976 on a ticket with Ronald Reagan.
- While pursuing the Juris Doctor at the Georgetown University, he was editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Law Journal.
- He moved to New York City in 1979 and became a clerk to Judge Ellsworth Van Graafeiland of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- From 1981 to 1983, he worked as a lawyer with Davis Polk & Wardwell.
- In 1983-1984, Powell worked for Werbel & McMillen.
- From 1984 to 1990, he worked at an investment bank- Dillon, Read & Co.
- From 1990 to 1993, Powell worked in the United States Department of the Treasury.
- In 1992, George H. W. Bush nominated him the Under Secretary of the Treasury for Domestic Finance.
- Powell was also involved in the negotiations that elevated Warren Buffett to the chairman of Salomon.
- In 1993, Powell started working for Bankers Trust as a Managing Director, however, in 1995, he quit after the bank got into trouble.
- He went back to work for Dillon, Read & Co. in 1995.
- From 1997 to 2005, he became a partner at The Carlyle Group, a giant in the private equity business.
- He left The Carlyle Group and founded Severn Capital Partners, a private investment firm.
- In 2008, he became associated with the Global Environment Fund as a managing partner.
- From 2010 to 2012, he was a visiting scholar at the Bipartisan Policy Center, a think tank in Washington, D.C.
- In December 2011, Barack Obama (the then US President) nominated him to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. Powell’s nomination was the first time that a member of the opposition party was nominated by the President since 1988.
- In June 2014, Powell was nominated for another term, and in a 67-24 vote, the United States Senate confirmed his nomination for a 14-year term ending January 31, 2028.
- On November 2, 2017, Donald Trump nominated him to serve as the Chair of the Federal Reserve, which was confirmed by the Senate on January 23, 2018, by 85-12 vote.
- Powell lives in Chevy Chase Village, Maryland with his wife Elissa Leonard and their three children.
- Here’s a conversation with Jerome Powell: