Suho (Kim Jun-myeon) Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography and More
|Real Name||Kim Jun-myeon Soompi|
|Other Names||SH2O, the name Suho uses as a lyricist The Kraze Magazine|
|Nickname(s)||• Bunny- Exo's fans call him bunny with love Korea Boo
• Type to Get a Meet-the-Parents Free Pass Soompi
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, and Actor|
|Famous Role(s)/Famous For||Being the lead vocalist and leader of South Korea's one of the biggest K-pop band's, Exo|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Korea Boo Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Korea Boo Weight||in kilograms- 58 kg
in pounds- 127 lbs
|Hair Color||Black (dyed copper, golden blonde, red, silver, light brown, light blonde, and more)|
|Debut||As a Member of Exo
Single: What Is Love (30 January 2012)
EP: Mama (2012)
Studio Album: XOXO (2013)
Single (Japanese): Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~ (2015)
Theatre: School Oz (2015)
Film (actor): One Way Trip (2016) as 'Sang-woo'
K-drama (actor): Exo Next Door (2015) as ‘Suho’ (the fictional version of himself)
EP: Self-Portrait (2020)
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||As a Member of Exo
• Prime Minister's Commendation (Government of South Korea) in 2017
Gaon Chart Music Awards
• Album of the Year (Daesang- 3rd Quarter) for ‘Miracles in December’ in 2014, ‘Sing for You’ in 2016, ‘Don’t Mess Up My Tempo’ in 2018 & ‘Obsession’ in 2020
Golden Disc Awards
• Disc Daesang for the albums ‘XOXO’ in 2014, ‘Overdose’ in 2014, ‘Exodus’ in 2016 & ‘Ex’Act’ in 2017
Melon Music Awards
• Artist of the Year (Daesang ) in 2016 & 2017
Mnet Asian Music Awards
• Best Male Group in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Seoul Music Awards
• Daesang in 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
As a Solo Artist
• 13th DIMF Awards - DIMF PR Ambassador in 2019
|Date of Birth||22 May 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hometown||Seoul, South Korea|
|KKC School||• Seoul Yunjung Elementary School
• Yunjung Middle School
• Whimoon Middle School
• Whimoon High School, Seoul
• Gaepo High School, Seoul
|College/University||• Korea National University of Arts, Seoul
• Kyung Hee Cyber University, Seoul
• Inha University, Icheon
• Kyung Hee University, Seoul
|The JoongAng Educational Qualification||• Major in Drama from Korea National University of Arts, Seoul (dropped out in 2011)
• Bachelors from the Culture and Arts Department of Business Administration of Kyung Hee Cyber University, Seoul
• Masters from the Department of Cultural Management of Inha University, Icheon
|Religion/Religious Views||Buddhism Korea Herald|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Suho - Instagram
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Netflix & Playing Sports like Basketball and Golf|
• Name of Exo members and Exo-L inked on his back
• Exo on the side of his neck
|Controversies||• In 2018, during one of Sehun's Instagram live sessions, Suho commented ‘It's weird. People will think I'm a mentally ill patient’ when Sehun asked him to pose with him for the session. The commented landed him in a controversy as some of the fans took to their Twitter and YouTube accounts and expressed their dismay that he should have been careful of his words and that he might have hurt the feelings of the fans who suffer from mental illness. They also trended the hashtag #엑소_수호_비하발언_사과해, which translates to ‘Exo’s Suho apologize for your discriminatory comments.’ SBS Popasia|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||He is unmarried|
|Parents||Father- Kim Young-ha (Professor and Politician)
Mother- Choi Tae-ryeon
|Siblings||Brother- Kim Dong-kyu (elder)
|Painter||Vincent van Gogh|
|Travel Destination(s)||Paris, Italy|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suho (Kim Jun-myeon)
- He likes to travel, watch Netflix, and play basketball and golf.
- Suho is also a lyricist and writes under the name ‘SH2O.’ The Kraze Magazine
- He earned the title of ‘Type to get a meet-the-parents free pass’ which means, when you first meet the parents of your future wife, seeing you, they immediately call you ‘Our son-in-law’ In an interview, he said he got this title with Jin and Shinee’s Minho from BTS and liked the title the most. Soompi
- During his school days, he was nicknamed ‘Eom-chin-ah’ which translates to ‘mother’s friend’s son. The term is a Korean word used for a male student who successfully completes his studies and is the object of envy among the people. During his school years, Suho came in as one of the top 10 students in his class and was very good at his studies. He liked Korean literature and language at school. Gwenchanoona
- Once, his junior-senior dance club held a dance competition at Olympic Park in Seoul; he was an audience. He was spotted by an SM staff who recommended him to join their company. When he reached the third year of high school, he gave auditions for SM and was selected.
- In 2015, he appeared in the series “Fluttering India/Exciting India” (2015) as himself. The show featured some of the biggest K-pop stars who turned into reporters and explored various locations in Mumbai. The show aired on KBS Channel.
- Exo was listed in Forbes Korea’s Celebrity Power from 2014 to 2019.
- His Instagram profile mentions ‘Su Hwak Haeng’, which means ‘guaranteed happiness that comes from small/trivial things. Suho believes in Su Hwak Haeng’s idea.
- In an interview, Suho revealed that he only drinks five times a year. Kpop Behind
- His album ‘Self-Portrait’ presents five portraits of him. Suho also drew a self-portrait which became trending on Twitter.
- Once he got the names of all seven members of Exo and Exo-L inked on his back. He once also got Exo inked on the side of his neck. Interestingly, both tattoos were temporary.
- He can play guitar!
- Suho is a nonvegetarian and loves to eat fish.
- He has been on the covers of many magazines like Allure.
- On his Instagram account, he once posted about Hope Campaign and asked his fans to support it too.
- He loves to visit many museums and has visited Le Louvre in Paris multiple times.
- His first post on Instagram was on December 4 2018 where he posted a picture of a diamond with the caption “STAND BY.”
- In 2021, there was news floating around about the rumored marriage of Suho. A netizen reported on a forum at the end of October that an EXO member was set to marry in February 2022. They specified that the member had “SH” as their initials but dropped no other hints. There were only two members with the initials “SH”, Suho (수호, Kim Jun-myeon, 김준면) and Sehun (Oh Se-hun, 오세훈). However, Suho has not confirmed anything yet. Hype
- Suho’s Instagram account is “kimjuncotton,” a play on the last syllable of his real name (Kim Jun Myeon) sounding like “cotton” in Korean.
- In May 2021, on the account of Suho’s birthday, he was trending worldwide. Shortly after midnight KST that day, the hashtag #KIMJUNCOTTONDAY soared to No. 1 on the list of trending topics worldwide on Twitter. Other worldwide trending topics for his birthday include his name Junmyeon and #토확행_준면아생일축하해. The Korean hashtag wishes him a happy birthday and appears to be a play on words with the first syllable from “bunny” (토끼 — a common nickname for Suho) and the popular slang phrase “small but certain happiness” (소확행).
- Suho officially enlists in the military on May 14 2020 and became a trending topic on Twitter. He said in a message,
“Hello to our EXO-Ls. This is Suho. I wanted to tell something to everyone today so I made this post. I’ll be doing my mandatory military service soon on May 14. I think I will really miss our EXO-Ls during that time. Hoping EXO-Ls who think of me and love me every day to always be healthy.
“Thank you very much and I love you. We are one. EXO, Let’s Love.”
Suho is the third member of Exo to be discharged from the military. Members Xiumin and D.O returned in December 2020 and January 2021, respectively. On February 14, 2022, Suho shared an emotional handwritten letter to his fans after being discharged from the military. Suho – Instagram He wrote,
“Hello, everyone. This is EXO’s leader Suho, Kim Junmyeon. As of today, February 14, 2022, I have finally been discharged! First, I want to say before anything else that I missed EXO-L the most. While I spent some time away from all of you during my service, thanks to you, it was a meaningful time that allowed me to think even more of EXO-L. For one year and nine months, I missed all of you and the EXO members so much that I even once dreamed that we held a concert… hehe. ”
“But like I once said, ‘If even the waiting is joyful, then it’s love’. I also think that maybe because we had this time, the waiting may have made our feelings grow even deeper. Still, from now on, let’s not be apart ever again! If I could hug you, I would hug you tight and not let you go. Starting from this moment right now, I’m preparing a gift for our EXO-L. I hope that it will be a gift that makes you feel it was worth it to wait for me. Since we haven’t been able to see each other for a long time, let’s promise to see each other even more often from now on!”
- On Suho’s 2020 birthday (while he was in the military) many fans wrote him letters. One of the letters was written in Pinkvilla’s Dear Oppa series where an Indian girl, Ananya, thanked him “for existing.” PinkVilla
- During his time in the military, Suho reveals that he sharpened his skills in English by reading, Holes, Louis Sachar’s beloved 1998 YA novel, which is popular among Koreans for honing their English. He also worked out, practiced guitar, and cooked. Rolling Stone India
- Suho dreams of opening a winery in Napa Valley since he has started drinking wine now. Rolling Stone India