Erica Garner (Activist) Age, Death Cause, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Erica Garner
- She was an activist and organizer within the Black Lives Matter movement.
- She came into limelight after her father, Eric Garner, who was 43, died in Staten Island in July 2014 after a white police officer subdued him with an illegal chokehold, during an arrest over the alleged sale of untaxed loose cigarettes. He also suffered from asthma.
- After her father’s death, her sister Emerald, created a fund through ‘Indiegogo’ to raise money for the Garner siblings. In just one month, the fundraising page raised $44,567. Though the page is now passive.
- In 2016, she privately met Barack Obama, after protesting during a town hall event on race issue.
- She also campaigned on behalf of Sanders in his bid for the democratic presidential nomination.