Leonor Varela Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Leonor Varela Palma|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 168 cm
in meters - 1.68 m
in feet inches - 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms - 55 kg
in pounds - 120 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-34|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Medium Brown|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1972|
|Age (as in 2017)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Santiago, Chile|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|School||Niels Arestrup School|
|College/University||• Conservatoire de Paris (A college of music and dance)
• L'École du Passage
|Debut||Film (Actress)- Shooting Stars (1997)
TV (Actress)- Extrême limite (1995)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Yoga, Swimming, Horse Riding|
|Awards/Honors/Achievements||• Honoured at the 23rd Annual Imagen Awards with "Best Supporting Actress" for her film, Where God Left His Shoes
• Awarded Miami's New Herald "Best Actress of the Year" award for her film, Innocnet Voices
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Boyfriends/Affairs||Billy Zane (Ex-Fiancé)
|Marriage Date||April 15, 2013|
Daughter- Luna Mae
|Parents||Father- Francisco Varela García (Cognitive Neuroscientist)
Mother- Leonor Palma-Keller (A Massage Therapist and biologist)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Javier, Gabriel
|Favorite Actresses||Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett|
|Favorite Writer||Milan Kundera|
|Favorite Destination||Carbon Beach, Malibu|
|Net Worth||$6 Million (as per 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leonor Varela
- Does Leonor Varela smoke?: Not Known
- Does Leonor Varela drink alcohol?: Yes
- Varela’s maternal grandmother, Daniel Palma Robledo who was a Communist Party member, was abducted by DINA (Pinochet’s political police) and had been missing since then.
- Her mother, Leonor Palma-Keller was of Hungarian, French, and Syrian descent.
- In 1973, her family fled from Chile to Costa Rica due to 1973’s military coup d’état. They returned back in 1980 but Varela remained in Paris to complete her studies in acting.
- In 1995, Varela first acted in a children’s film, Pony Trek. It was shot in Iceland for which she learned horse riding for 3 months.
- She bagged the film, “Shooting Stars” after being refered to a French filmmaker by her dentist.
- She claimed to fame after she was cast in a Chilean soap opera, Tic Tac.
- In 1998, she was cast opposite to Leonardo DiCaprio, in the film, The Man in the Iron Mask.
- She played the title role in the TV movie, Cleopatra (1999).
- In 2001, she worked in the films, The Tailor of Panama and Texas Rangers.
- In 2002, she did one of the most popular roles of her career; vampire princess Nyssa in the film Blade II.
- She played non-recurring short roles in the Arrested Development (aired on Fox Television) and Stargate: Atlantis.
- In 2005, she was nominated in the category; Best Actress for Innocent Voices (2004), for the Ariel Award.
- In 2006, she was ranked 69 in the FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006.”
- In 2012, she was featured on the TNT television series, Dallas, playing as Marta Del Sol.
- Her other notable films are Americano (2005), Goal II: Living the Dream (2007), Sleep Dealer (2008), Blind Alley (2011), Captive (2015), etc.
- Varela and Lucas Akoskin were blessed with their first baby, Matteo, in 2012. Later, they got married in 2013.
- Before marrying Lucas, Varela was engaged to actor, Billy Zane but due to unknown reasons, they called off their marriage.
- In 2018, she appeared in the film, Alpha, directed by Albert Hughes. The film got delayed many times before being released. It received critical acclaim by the the critics as well as by the public.
- Not just a vegan, she is a marine life activist and spreads awareness about saving the whales. She works with a group named, Save The Whales Again.
View this post on Instagram
Este fue un momento mágico para mi: nadar con los lobos marinos de la Isla Juan Fernandez 🌊✨ Me apena pensar que hoy esta belleza esta en peligro: la comunidad del Archipiélago quiere hacer historia protegiendo todo el mar que rodea sus islas. Por eso propusieron a la Presidenta M. Bachelet la creación del parque marino más grande de América y otra área marina protegida donde puedan seguir pescando de manera sustentable como lo han hecho por 120 años 🦐 La Presidenta Bachelet anunció que acogería dicha propuesta pero ha habido enorme oposición desde la industria pesquera… Este 22 de enero de 2018 enfrentarán una decisión crucial cuando el Consejo de Ministros vote esta propuesta. Difunde este video y apoya a Juan Fernández para proteger uno de los últimos lugares prácticamente intactos de los océanos del mundo!! Aqui en nuestro #Chile #elsueñodejuanfernandez @natgeopristineseas
- She is a member of various NGOs like, Global Green USA,, WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), Centro Ballena Azúl (Chile), and Oceana (Osean Conservation Group).