Paul Allen Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography, Net Worth & More
|Full Name||Paul Gardner Allen|
|Nickname(s)||Microsoft's other Mogul, The Bitter Billionaire, Idea Man|
|Profession(s)||Businessman, Investor, Philanthropist|
|Famous For||Being the co-founder of Microsoft|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Blue|
|Hair Color||Medium Blonde|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1953|
|Birthplace||Seattle, Washington, U.S.A|
|Date of Death||October 15, 2018|
|Place of Death||Seattle, Washington, U.S.A|
|Age (at the time of death)||65 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|College/University||Washington State University (Dropped Out)|
|Educational Qualification||Higher Secondary|
|Hobbies||Singing, Playing Guitar, Collecting War Planes|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jerry Hall (1999) Model
|Parents||Father- Kenneth Samuel Allen (Librarian)
Mother- Edna Faye Allen (Librarian)
Sister- Jody Allen (Entrepreneur)
|Favorite Musician(s)||Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour|
|Car Collection||1988 Mazda B-Series, Porsche 959|
|Yatch Collection||414 Foot Yatch Octopus, 313 Foot Watercraft Tatoosh|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 Billion|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Paul Allen
- Does Paul Allen smoke?: Not Known
- Does Paul Allen drinks alcohol?: Yes
- Allen’s parents were both librarians who helped him to develop a variety of interests.
- He showed an interest in science from a very young age.
- Allen met Bill Gates at the Lakeside School in Seattle. At that time he was 14 years old while Gates was 12.
- He scored 1600 in his SAT exam and got admission into the Washington State University but decided to drop out of college after two years to work as a programmer for Honeywell in Boston. He also convinced Bill Gates to drop out of Harvard College.
- In 1975, he with Gates started to market a BASIC computer programming language interpreter and co-founded Microsoft in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was he who came up with the name “Microsoft” for the company.
- Microsoft became the worlds biggest software company in no time, and Bill and Allen became one of the youngest billionaires in the world.
- In 1982, Allen was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma and underwent several months of Chemotherapy. Due to his degrading health conditions, he took himself away from the workings and businesses of Microsoft.
- After leaving Microsoft, he invested and bought many companies and devoted himself in more philanthropic works.
- In 1992, Allen with David Liddle founded the Interval Research Corporation. It made over 300 patents and filed lawsuits against some big companies such as Apple, YouTube, Yahoo!, Google, Facebook, eBay, Netflix, AOL, Office Depot, OfficeMax, etc.
- In 1996, he bought his first professional sports team, the Seattle Seahawks NFL team.
- In 1998, he purchased the Portland Trail Blazers NBA for a sum of $70 million.
- In 2011, he released his memoir titled, “Idea Man.”
- He owned a 414-foot yacht named Octopus that cost $200 million to build and had amenities such as a recording studio, helipads, and two submarines.
- He was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1982 and underwent several rounds of radiation therapy and a bone marrow transplant. In 2009, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which was successfully treated but it relapsed in October 2018, and he succumbed to the same on October 15, 2018.