Bill Clinton Age, Controversies, Affairs, Wife, Family, Biography, Facts & More
|Real Name||William Jefferson Clinton|
|Political Journey||1974: Ran for the United States House representative seat, but was defeated by incumbent Republican John Paul Hammerschmidt by only a 52 percent to 48 percent margin.
1976: Elected as Arkansas State Attorney General with no opposition at all in the general election.
1978: Elected Governor of Arkansas and defeated the Republican candidate Lynn Lowe (a farmer from Texarkana).
1978-1980: Became Governor of Arkansas.
1982-1993: Again, won the election for Governor of Arkansas.
1990-1991: Headed the Moderate Democratic Leadership Council.
1992: Won the presidential election with 370 electoral votes against Republican incumbent George H. W. Bush who had 168 electoral votes and billionaire Ross Perot with 0 electoral votes.
1993-1997: Inaugurated as President of the United States of America on January 20, 1993.
1997-2001: Re-elected as President in the 1996 Presidential election, receiving 49.2 percent of the popular vote and becoming the first Democratic incumbent since Lyndon B. Johnson to be elected to a second term and the first Democrat since Franklin D. Roosevelt to be elected President more than once.
2005: Along with President George H. W. Bush to raise money for tsunami and Hurricane Katrina reconstruction projects.
2009: Appointed U.S. Special Envoy for Haiti.
2013: Awarded the "Presidential Medal of Freedom" by President Barack Obama.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 188 cm
in meters - 1.88 m
in feet inches - 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 85 kg
in Pounds - 187 lbs
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1946|
|Age (as in 2017)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Hope, Arkansas, United States|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Hope, Arkansas, United States|
|School||Hot Springs High School|
|College/University||Georgetown University (1968)
Oxford University, Rhodes Scholar (1968-1970)
Yale University (1973)
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Science at Georgetown University in 1968
Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University in 1968-1970
Juris Doctor (J.D) at Yale University in 1973
|Family||Father- William Jefferson Blythe
Roger Clinton Sr. (Stepfather)
Mother- Virginia Clinton Kelley
Brother- Roger Clinton Jr.
Sister- Sharon Lee Blythe
|Address||William J. Clinton Foundation 55 West 125th Street New York, NY 10027 USA|
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing crossword puzzles and Playing the tenor saxophone|
|Controversies||• Clinton has been publicly accused of sexual misconduct by three women.
• In 1978, Juanita Broaddrick accused Clinton of raping her.
• In 1993, Kathleen Willey blamed him for fondling her without consent.
• In 1991, Paula Jones accused Clinton of exposing himself to her and sexually harassing her.
• Moreover, Many other women have had claimed the similar problems regarding Clinton.
• Between 1995 and 1996, the sexual relationship happened between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky but it came to light in 1998 when Monica Lewinsky revealed Clinton's affair with her and stated it as a harassment. A detailed investigation was held on later, which led to charges of perjury and the impeachment of Former President Bill Clinton in 1998 by the U.S. House of Representatives.
• Clinton was second in the list of the president in U.S. history to be impeached and he faced four charges from the House.
|Favorite Book(s)||The Last of The Mohicans, Black Beauty, The Robe|
|Favorite Film||High Noon (watched it at least 17 times as during his term as the U.S President)|
|Favorite Fruit(s)||Bananas and Apples|
|Favorite Food||Chicken enchiladas and Vegetable beef soup|
|Favorite Dessert||Oatmeal Cookies|
|Favorite Song(s)||Mickey Magnum - In The Presence Of Jehovah; Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine; Nina Simone - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free; John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - My One And Only Love; Zoot Sims - Summertime; Mahalia Jackson - Take My Hand, Precious Lord; Igor Butman - Nostalgie; Judy Collins - Chelsea Morning; David Sanborn - Harlem Nocturne; Phil Coulter - The Town I Loved So Well; Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl|
|Favorite Restaurant(s)||Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, Red Rooster, Rao's|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
Judi Gibbs, Model (Adult/Glamour)
Lencola Sullivan, American TV News
Dolly Kyle Browning (1964-1992)
Norris Church Mailer, American Author (1975)
Gennifer Flowers (1977-1989)
Elizabeth Gracen, American Actress (1983)
Sally Perdue, American Radio Personality (1983)
Patricia Duff, American Activist (1986-1990)
Monica Lewinsky, American Activist, Television Personality, Fashion Designer, and Former White House Intern (1995-1996)
Eleanor Mondale, American TV Personality (1996-1999)
Naomi Robson, Australian Journalist (2005)
Belinda Stronach, Canadian Politician (2005-2007)
Maria Furtwängler, German Actress (2005)
Gulnora Karimova, Uzbekistani Business (2009)
|Wife||Hillary (Rodham) Clinton
|Marriage Date||October 11, 1975|
Daughter- Chelsea Clinton
|Car||1967 Ford Mustang
1989 Lincoln Presidential Limousine
|Net Worth (approx.)||$80 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bill Clinton
- Does Bill Clinton drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Bill’s father (William Blythe) died in a car accident before he was born.
- He was born with name William Jefferson Blythe III, but he adopted his stepfather Roger Clinton’s last name in his teens.
- On his high school graduation day, he received both music and academic scholarships.
- Being very much passionate about reading books, he maintained a wide collection; out of which his favorites are- “The Last of the Mohicans,” Black Beauty” and “The Robe.”
- He also has a passion for doing crossword puzzles and once wrote the clues for an online crossword puzzle published in the New York Times.
- For a leisure time activity, he started learning Saxophone, but after becoming very much proficient at it, he thought of to start a career in the music world.
- He is very much allergic to chocolates and milks, but he never stops taking calories in an alternate form.
- Clinton became the youngest Governor in the country at the age of 32 and was often addressed as “Boy Governor.” He lost his next gubernatorial elections in 1980, but after that, he won three consecutive elections.
- In 1992, he defeated the incumbent President George W. Bush for the United States presidency.
- He won the United States Presidency and defeated Republican challenger Bob Dole in 1996.
- He became the 42nd President of the United States.
- Bill Clinton formed a successful committee along with wife Hillary on urban health care reform, which also worked on educational reform and maintenance of Arkansas’s roads.
- Bill Clinton was a dedicated meat eater and lover, but he discontinued this habit after facing heart problems.
- The White House has its very classy movie theatre where President Clinton and his family loved to watch movies.
- He is involved in many causes for the public’s welfare, which include global warming, childhood obesity, and AIDS epidemic.
- He teamed up with former President George W. Bush to financially help the victims of 2004 tsunami in South Asia; as well as the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Surprisingly, Presidents Clinton and George W. Bush are the only consecutive presidents who were left-handed.
- He wrote his autobiography entitled “My Life,” which was released on June 22, 2004. It was published by The Knopf Publishing Group and became a bestseller with around 2,250,000 copies sold.
He got Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2004 and Best Spoken Word Album in 2005.
- In September 2007, he published a book entitled “Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World.” The book elaborates the instances of volunteering and helping others.
He received America’s highest civilian honor- The Presidental Medal of Freedom by former President Barack Obama.
- He also accepted the Advocate for Change Award, along with her daughter Chelsea Clinton onstage during the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
- Here’s a brief biography of the 42nd President of the United States.