Sanna Marin Age, Height, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Sanna Mirella Marin|
|Famous For||Being the youngest Prime Minister in the world at the age of 34|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Eye Color||Hazel Blue|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Social Democratic Party of Finland
|Political Journey||• In 2006, she joined the Social Democratic Youth.
• In 2008, she contested the Finnish Municipal Elections, but she lost.
• In 2010, she was appointed as the First Vice-President of the Social Democratic Youth.
• In 2012, she contested the Finnish Municipal Elections again and won. She was elected to the City Council of Tampere.
• In 2013, she was appointed as the Chairperson of the City Council of Tampere.
• In 2013, she was appointed as a member of the Pirkanmaa Regional Council.
• In 2014, she was elected second deputy chairperson of the Social Democratic Party.
• In 2015, she was voted to the Parliament of Finland from the electoral district of Pirkanmaa.
• In 2015, she was appointed as the Vice-Chairwoman of the Social Democratic Party.
• In 2017, she was re-elected to the City Council.
• In June 2019, she was appointed as the Minister of Transport and Communications of Finland.
• On 10 December 2019, she was appointed as the Prime Minister of Finland.
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1985 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|School||Pirkkala Upper Secondary School Eduskunta|
|College/University||The University of Tampere, Finland Eduskunta|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Administrative Science in 2017 Eduskunta|
|Address||Kesäranta, Helsinki, Finland|
|Hobbies||Traveling and Doing Outdoor Activities|
|Controversy||In August 2022, she faced backlash after she was spotted partying in a leaked video. Amid huge criticism, one of the leaders from opposition parties demanded that she should take a drug test. According to Ms Marin, she did not take drugs, and she only drank alcohol and just partied. She also said that she had "no problem taking tests." Ms Marin said, "I have a family life, I have a work life and I have free time to spend with my friends. Pretty much the same as many people my age." BBC|
|Languages Known||• Finnish
|Relationships & More|
Daughter- Emma Amalia Marin
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Salary (approx.)||12,173 Euros + 3167 Euros (half of the parliamentary salary) + other allowances per month (as the Prime Minister of Finland) Wikipedia|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanna Marin
- Sanna Marin is a Finnish politician who serves as the Prime Minister of Finland. At the age of 34, she is the youngest person in the world to become the Prime Minister of a country.
- Her parents had separated during Sanna’s early years, and she was raised by a single mother, who later entered a same-sex relationship. Her family faced financial problems, and they used to live in a rented apartment.
- She is the first person from her family who has completed her high-school education and has attended college.
- When she was 15 years old, she used to work in a bakery and distribute magazines for pocket-money.
- She often states that she comes from a rainbow family; as her parents are of the same-sex. She also attends pride parades regularly.
- Once, during an interview, she said that when she was a child, she felt discriminated against; as her mother was in a relationship with another woman. She also said-
As a child, I felt uncomfortable talking about my family due to my unconventional family as I had same-sex parents. The silence was the hardest. Invisibility caused a feeling of incompetence. We were not recognized as a true family or equal to others. But I wasn’t much bullied. Even when I was little, I was very candid and stubborn. I wouldn’t have taken anything easy.”
- She has always voiced her opinion about equality, and she has also fought for equality through many campaigns. Once, in an interview, she said-
For me, people have always been equal.”
- She started her political career at the age of 27, and within 7 years, she has ascended to the top political post of Finland.
- She works towards many social and environmental issues. She has been primarily working towards reducing carbon emissions after taking charge as the Minister of Transportation.
- She is very active on social media, and she regularly shares updates from her life on the popular social media platform, Instagram. People like her on Instagram; as they relate to her simple life and how she leads a relatively normal life.
- Sanna Marin is Finland’s third female Prime Minister.
- Marin was appointed as the Prime Minister after Antti Rinne, the former Prime Minister of Finland, stepped down after a key coalition partner, the Centre Party, had withdrawn its support; citing lack of trust and confidence following his handling of a postal strike in November 2019.
- On December 8, 2019, Finland’s Social Democrats elected Marin to lead the coalition government.
- She will be heading a five-party center-left coalition. Her party was the largest party of the coalition which got the majority in the Parliament of Finland with the support of the Center Party, the Greens, the Left Alliance, and the Swedish People’s Party.
- On 10 December 2019, she was sworn-in as the Prime Minister by Finland’s President, Sauli Niinisto.
- Marin will be the Prime Minister of Finland only for 5 months, till the General Elections of Finland in April 2020. She will be leading a five-party coalition, all of which are headed by women, and four of which are headed by women under the age of 35.
- When Marin was elected as the Prime Minister, many news publications stated it as-
A significant and symbolic of the rise of a new generation of politicians in the Nordic nation, which has had strong female representation for decades”
- After becoming the PM, she appointed her cabinet which primarily consisted of women.
- Within a week of getting elected, she attended the Europian Union (EU) Summit in Brussels, Belgium. Reportedly, she made a significant impact there, and she was noticed and appreciated by many world leaders who attended the summit.