Derrick Watson Age, Controversies, Wife, Family, Biography, Facts & More
|Full Name||Derrick Kahala Watson|
|Profession||Law Personnel (a United States District Judge for the District of Hawaii)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 178 cm
in meters - 1.78 m
in feet inches - 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 70 kg
in Pounds - 154 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year 1966|
|Age (approx.)||50 Years|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|School||Kamehameha Schools, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi|
|College/University||Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts, cum laude from Harvard College in 1988
Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 1991
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (a Honolulu police officer)
Mother- Name Not Known (a worker at a local bank)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• On March 15, 2017, he blocked President Trump's revised executive order by granting a temporary restraining order. Trump's revised executive order had banned the entry of nationals of 6-majority-Muslim countries into the United States. On March 29, 2017, Watson turned the temporary restraining order into a preliminary injunction. On June 12, 2017, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit unanimously determined that under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Trump had "exceeded the scope of authority delegated to the president."
• On October 17, 2017, he again placed a restraining order (temporary) preventing a later revision of Trump's travel ban. In his order, Watson prevented the blocking of citizens of Libya, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, and Chad from traveling to the United States, while leaving intact the restrictions for some Venezuelan officials and North Korean citizens.
|Favorite Politician||Barack Obama|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons- Cade (10-years-old) and Daly (7-years-old)
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Derrick Watson
- Does Derrick Watson smoke?: Not Known
- Does Derrick Watson drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- After receiving his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 1991, he was admitted to practice Law in California.
- Barck Obama was also a member of his graduating class.
- Watson started his career as an associate at the law firm of Landels, Ripley & Diamond in San Francisco, California, where he worked from 1991 to 1995.
- From 1995 to 2000, he served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Northern District of California.
- From 1999 to 2000, he served as Deputy Chief of the Civil Division.
- In 2000, he returned to Private Practice. He worked on behalf of the San Francisco Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights.
- From 2007 to 2013, Watson served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Hawaii.
- On November 14, 2012, Barack Obama (the then US President) nominated Watson to serve as a United States District Judge for the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
- On January 2, 2013, due to the sine die adjournment of the Senate, his nomination was returned to the President. However, he was renominated to the same office the next day.
- Watson is the 4th and is the only currently serving Native Hawaiian judge.
- To the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Watson described himself as a political independent.
- In 2017, he was in news for placing a restraining order (temporary) preventing a later revision of Trump’s travel ban. In his order, Watson prevented the blocking of citizens of Libya, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, and Chad from traveling to the United States, while leaving intact the restrictions for some Venezuelan officials and North Korean citizens.