Simon Pegg Height, Weight, Age, Wife Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simon Pegg
- Does Simon Pegg smoke?: Not Known
- Does Simon Pegg drink alcohol?: Yes
- Simon’s parents divorced when he was seven and after his mother remarried he took the surname of his stepfather (Pegg).
- While he was graduating in theatre, he tried something unusual and titled his thesis “A Marxist overview of popular 1970s cinema and hegemonic discourses.
- Back at the University of Bristol, he used to perform as a member of a comedy troupe called- ‘David Icke and the Orphans of Jesus’, alongside other actors- David Walliams, Dominik Diamond, and Jason Bradbury.
- Between the period (1998-2004), he has regularly featured on ‘BBC Radio 4’s The 99p Challenge’.
- In 1999, he created and co-wrote the Channel 4 sitcom- ‘Spaced’ with Jessica Stevenson and he wrote the character of Mike Watt specifically for his friend Nick Frost.
- In 2004, he starred in the television show called ‘Danger! 50,000 Zombies!’, in which he played a zombie hunter named Dr. Fell.
- He narrated the first series of the documentary- Doctor Who Confidential.
- In 2011, he played the role of Benji Dunn in the film ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’ and also in the film ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ (2015).
- His comic likeness was used for the character of ‘Wee Hughie’ in the comic book series- The Boys; and he even wrote the introduction to the first bound volume.
- He did the voice-over for Reepicheep, the heroic mouse in Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
- Simon supported the ‘HeForShe’ feminist campaign.
- He is an atheist.
- He is also close friends with Coldplay lead singer- Chris Martin: and he appeared as a violin playing- Elvis in Coldplay’s 2010 single “Christmas Lights”.
- He is also godfather to the son of actor/friend- Martin Freeman.
- His parents and his sister briefly appeared in the TV series ‘Spaced’, while his mother appeared in other TV series also such as ‘Shaun of the Dead’ and ‘Hot Fuzz’.