Debbie McGee Age, Family, Husband, Chhildren, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debbie McGee
- Does Debbie McGee smoke?: Not Known
- Does Debbies McGee drink alcohol?: Yes
- She is a former ballet dancer and was artistic director of her own ballet company for three years.
- She also presented a Sunday morning show on BBC Radio Berkshire.
- She auditioned and got an opportunity to be a part of the renowned Ballet school of London- Royal Ballet School.
- After her graduation, she joined the ‘Iranian National Ballet Company’ in Tehran.
- She became a part of the ‘Corps de Ballet’ at the age of 19 and later a soloist, but her ballet career came to an abrupt halt by the Iranian Revolution. She was forced to flee the country and was asked to return to UK with little in the way of money and possession.
- She then started working at the ‘Bernard Delfont Organisation’ which later help her to find her a job performing on stage with magician Paul Daniels.
- She fell in love with Paul Daniels in the year 1979 but she married him in the year 1988.
- As a dancer, she joined Dougie Squires’s Second Generation troupe, which involved touring Europe with acts including ‘Chris de Burgh’ and ‘James Last’.
- In 2000, Debbie and her husband Paul Daniels were the subjects of an episode of a documentary film filmed by Louis Theroux. The episode, titled- ‘When Louis Met… Paul and Debbie’ which was broadcasted on BBC Two.
- She has performed some magic herself, usually on the corporate cabaret circuit.
- She has also collaborated with novelist ‘Susan Wilson’ on a number of books.
- In 2017, at the age of 59, she participated in the 15th season of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’