Al Franken (Senator) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Alan Stuart Franken|
|Profession||Politician, Writer, Comedian|
|Political Journey||2008: First elected to the Senate.
2014: Re-elected to the Senate.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 170 cm
in meters - 1.70 m
in feet inches - 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 70 kg
in Pounds - 154 lbs
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1951|
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA|
|School||The Blake School, Minneapolis
|College/University||Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
|Family||Father- Joseph Franken (Printing salesman)
Mother- Phoebe Franken (Real estate agent)
Brother- Owen Franken (Photojournalist)
|Ethnicity/Race||Germans, Belarusians, Russian|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Sketching, Listening to music|
|Controversies||On November 16, 2017, at the press conference, Leeann Tweeden accused Al Franken of forcibly kissing her during a 2006 USO tour. Though Franken apologized for it, she said he could have apologized earlier.
|Favorite Films||Fargo, Election, Dr. Strangelove, About a Boy|
|Favorite Rock Band||Grateful Dead|
|Favorite Books||Fiasco by Tom E. Ricks, Bright Shining Lie by Neal Sheehan, The Assassins’ Gate by George Packer, The Penrod series by Booth Tarkington|
|Favorite Quotes||"The future will belong to those who have passion and are willing to work hard to make our country better."
"There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America."
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Franni Bryson (m. 1975 - present)
|Marriage Date||Year 1975|
|Children||Son- Joe Franken
Daughter- Thomasin Franken
|Net Worth||$9 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Al Franken
- Does Al Franken smoke?: Not Known
- Does Al Franken drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Franken’s comic talent was first seen on the comedy sketch program, ‘Saturday Night Live’ (SNL). He wrote and performed on SNL from 1975 to 1980, and from 1985 to 1995, he served as a co-producer.
- His impeccable political satires earned him an opportunity to join President Reagan on his campaign bus in 1976, where he did parodies of Democratic and Republican leaders.
- In 1992, he wrote his first book “I’m Good Enough, I’m Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”
- In 2004, he became a part of liberal talk-radio station Air America and did a show, named ‘The O’Franken Factor.’
- In 2007, he left Air America to fulfill his political ambitions.
- He was part of 7 USO tours, where he visited and performed for the US troops in Germany, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Kuwait.
- In November 2017, at the press conference, she accused the Democratic Senator Al Franken of forcibly kissing her in 2006 during a rehearsal for a skit during a USO Tour in Afghanistan.
Is senator Franken in Cambridge, Massachusetts? I thought I saw him but of course, not sure. Thanks.