Javier Olivan Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname(s)||Javi Mark Zuckerberg- Facebook|
|Profession||Chief Growth Officer and VP of Cross-Meta Products and Infrastructure at Meta (formerly known as Facebook)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1977|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Hometown||Sabiñánigo, Huesca, Spain|
|College/University||• Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain
• University of Navarra, Spain
• Stanford University, US
|Educational Qualification Javier Olivan's LinkedIn||• A bachelor's degree in computer engineering from Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain
• A master’s degree in Automatic Engineering & Industrial Electronics from University of Navarra, Spain (1995-2000)
• Master of Business Administration at Stanford University, US, (2005-2007)
Note: He pursued his master’s degree at Stanford University with Rafael del Pino Excellence Scholarship.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has two children.|
|Parents||Father- Florian Olivan Gavin
Mother-María Pilar (retired teacher who taught in IES Biello Aragón, a public institute in Sabiñánigo)
|Siblings||He has a younger sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Javier Olivan
- Javier Olivan is a Spanish engineer who became the Chief Growth Officer of Meta (formerly known as Facebook) in August 2022. He came into the spotlight on June 2, 2022, when the CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, announced that Javier Olivan would become the company’s next Chief Operating Officer (COO), succeeding Sheryl Sandberg.
- Javier Olivan grew up paragliding in the Pyrenees mountains, which lie in the north of Huesca province.
- A distinguished student during his university days, Javier was presented with Premios Nacionales de Fin de Carrera de Educación Universitaria (National End-of-Career Awards for University Education).
- He pursued a one-year entrepreneurial program ‘EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation’ in Vulcanus, Japan in 2001.
- In December 2000, he began his career when he joined the tech giant Siemens AG in Munich Area, Germany, as an R&D Engineer.
- In March 2003, he rejoined Siemens assuming the position of Advanced Procurement Engineer. In April 2004, he was promoted to Product Manager, a position that he held before resigning in June 2005.
- From May 2006 to July 2006, he held the position of Business Development Consultant at Fon Wireless.
- He worked as a Summer Associate at Scale VP for three months in 2006.
- Olivan was working on developing a Spanish version of Facebook when Zuckerberg contacted and recruited him as head of global growth
- On 17 October 2007, Javier joined Meta (then known as Facebook, Inc) as Head of International Growth. In this capacity, Olivan pushed Facebook’s expansion into countries such as India, Japan, Russia, Indonesia, and Brazil.
- He was promoted to VP of Growth in November 2011.
- In 2013, Olivan worked on Internet.org, an effort Facebook and other companies launched to connect people to internet services in less developed countries. By 2015, Internet.org had brought free internet to more than 500 million people and connected 7 million.
- Along with his team, he focused on remaking Facebook for tier-2 and tier-3 markets in their local languages. Introducing Facebook’s “lite” version helped him ensure that it ran on slower and basic smartphones.
- After serving as VP of Central Products from May 2018 to January 2022 and Chief Growth Officer & VP of Cross-Meta Products and Infrastructure for eight months in 2022, he became the COO of Meta in August 2022.
- At Meta, Javier is responsible for leading the company’s product infrastructure for four applications: social media platforms Facebook and Instagram, and messaging apps WhatsApp and Messenger.
- In December 2012, he was named to the board of the Argentinian e-commerce company MercadoLibre.com; he served as a Board Member of the company till August 2019.
- As a 2014 Henry Crown Fellow, he attended The Aspen Institute, Washington, District of Columbia, from 2014 to 2016.
- He can speak five languages, Spanish, English, German, French, and Japanese.
- He has been serving as a Board Member of the nonprofit organization Endeavor since 2020.
- Javier Olivan is an occasional drinker.
- As of 2022, he lives in Palo Alto, California, where Meta is headquartered.
|↑1||Mark Zuckerberg- Facebook|
|↑2||Javier Olivan's LinkedIn|