Tulsi Gabbard Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Service/Branch||United States Army|
|Unit||Hawaii Army National Guard|
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||• July 15, 2015: Received the Friend of the National Parks Award from the National Parks Conservation Association
• February 25, 2015: Awarded the NACo County Alumni Award for her "steadfast commitment to the nation's counties" by the National Association of Counties
• March 26, 2014: Honored with "Women in Washington Power List" by Elle (French Worldwide Lifestyle Magazine) at the Italian Embassy in the United States
• November 25, 2013: Received the John F. Kennedy New Frontier Award for her efforts on behalf of veterans at Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government
• Meritorious Service Medal
• Army Commendation Medal
• Army Achievement Medal
|Political Party||• Independent (2022-present)
• Democratic Party (2002-2022)
Note: On 11 October, she announced that she was leaving the Democratic Party. CNN
|Political Journey||2002: Won the elections of 42nd House District of the Hawaii House of Representatives
2012: Won the United States House of Representatives elections in Hawaii
2012: Won the General Elections defeating Republican Kawika Crowley
2016: Re-elected to the House by defeating, Angela Kaaihue
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1981|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Leloaloa, American Samoa|
|Hometown||Leloaloa, American Samoa|
|School||Girls-only Missionary Academy, Philippines.|
|College/University||Hawaii Pacific University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration|
|Ethnicity||American Samoan and European (Mixed)|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling, Surfing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 9, 2015|
|Husband/Spouse||• Eduardo Tamayo (2002-2006)
• Abraham Williams (2015-Present)
|Parents||Father- Mike Gabbard
Mother- Carol Porter
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Jai, Narayan
Sister(s)- Vrindavan, Bhakti
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tulsi Gabbard
- She was born to a father of American Samoan and European descent and her mother was from Decatur, Indiana, she moved along with her family to Hawaii when she was just 2-year-old.
- Tulsi claims to have been brought up in a multireligious and multicultural ambiance since her father is a lector at a Catholic church, and her mother is a European and practicing Hindu. Tulsi chose to follow Gaudiya Vaishnavism when she was a child.
- Her name, Tulsi is a sacred holy plant to Hindus.
- She was homeschooled and did not attend school except for 2 years; in a girls-only missionary academy in the Philippines.
- She considers ‘Bhagavad Gita’ her spiritual guide and administered an oath from it when she was appointed to the House of Representatives.
- At the age of 21, she won the elections of the 42nd House District of the Hawaii House of Representatives (2002) as “Gabbard Tamayo.” She became the youngest woman and the youngest legislator elected to the State office in the nation.
- In 2004, Gabbard volunteered for The Army National Guard service in Iraq.
- After she returned from Iraq in 2006, she worked for Daniel Akaka (former U.S Senator).
- In 2009, she again volunteered for a deployment to the Middle East.
- After returning from the Middle East, she won a seat on Honolulu City Council.
- On April 30, 2011, Tulsi announced to her constituents that she would reuse her birth name, Tulsi Gabbard.
- On August 16, 2012, Gabbard resigned from the council so to concentrate on her congressional campaign.
- In 2012, Tulsi won the United States House of Representatives elections in Hawaii, in which she was endorsed by the Sierra Club, by 55% majority of the votes defeating Mufi Hannemann.
- In 2013, because of her efforts, legislation to assist victims of ‘military sexual trauma’ was passed.
- She opposed former President Obama’s decision to execute military strikes in Syria in 2013, claiming that it would go against America’s national security, economic interest, international credibility, and moral center.
- At a ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, she was promoted to the post of major from Captain on October 12, 2015.
- on 9 April 2015, she got to Abraham Williams in a Vedic-style wedding.
- The ‘Filipino Veterans of WWII Congressional Gold Medal Act’ was introduced by Tulsi in 2015 for those who fought World War II. The bill was passed in 2016 after the consensus of both, the Senate and the House, and was signed by President Obama.
- With reference to Uri Attack in 2016, India, Tulsi criticized elements that support terrorism within the Pakistani government,
“People within the Pakistani government continue to provide tacit and overt support for terrorism. This is not new; this pattern of attacks has been occurring now for the past 15 years, and it must end. That’s why I’ve continued working in Congress to cut back US assistance for Pakistan and increase pressure on Pakistan to stop this violence. In the past, the US government took steps to increase pressure on Pakistan, and it’s time to revisit that approach.”
- Similarly, she introduced a law to prevent child abuse and neglect on military bases known as ‘Talia’s Law.’
- Tulsi did not support the Trans-Pacific Partnership and strongly opposed it by leading protests against it.
- On October 11, 2022, while announcing that she was leaving the Democratic Party, Tulsi Gabbard said,
I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party. It’s now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution.” CNN