James Mattis (Secretary of Defense) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||James Norman Mattis|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 175 cm
in meters - 1.75 m
in feet inches - 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 75 kg
in Pounds - 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel Green|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1950|
|Age (as in 2017)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Pullman, Washington, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Pullman, Washington, U.S.|
|School||Columbia High School, Washington|
|College/University||Central Washington University, Washington|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in History|
|Family||Father- John West Mattis
Mother- Lucille Mattis
Brother- Tom Mattis
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music, Working out, Playing field games|
|Favorite Books||With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa (E. B. Sledge (1981)),
One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer (Nathaniel Fick (2005))
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About James Mattis
- Does James Mattis smoke?: Not Known
- Does James Mattis drink alcohol?: Yes
- Since 1991, serving as a lieutenant colonel during the Persian Gulf War, Mattis has served different posts in the Marine Corps. At the time of retirement, Mattis was the Commander of U.S. Central Command.
- In 1969, Mattis was enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve and on January 1, 1972, he was commissioned a second lieutenant through the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.
- At the time of initial planning for the War in Afghanistan, Mattis led Task Force 58 in operations in the southern part of the country, becoming the first Marine Corps officer to command a Naval Task Force in combat.
- As a major general, Mattis commanded the 1st Marine Division during the 2003 invasion of Iraq and subsequently stabilize the operations during the Iraq War.
- In 2013, Mattis retired from the Marine Corps.
- After the retirement from the military, Mattis has worked for FWA Consultants and also served as a member of the General Dynamics Board of Directors.
- Mattis was a board member of the Silicon Valley biotech company ‘Theranos’ from 2013 to January 2017.
- In December 2015, Mattis joined the advisory board of ‘Spirit of America,’ a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to support the safety and success of American service personnel and the local people who seek to help.
- On January 20, 2017, in Trump government, Mattis was officially confirmed as Secretary of Defense by a vote of 98–1 in the United States Senate.
- Mattis is also a notable for his intellectualism and interest in the study of military history and world history.
- Mattis is co-editor of the book ‘Warriors & Citizens: American Views of Our Military,’ which was published in August 2016.
- Mattis does not own a television, he stated once.
- One of Mattis’s more memorable quotes is: “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
- Mattis like killing enemies in war, once he said,”It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”