Chadwick Boseman Height, Age, Death, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Chadwick Aaron Boseman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 183 cm
in meters - 1.83 m
in feet inches - 6’
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1977|
|Birthplace||Anderson, South Carolina, USA|
|Date of Death||August 29, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Place of Death||He died at his home in Los Angeles. BBC|
|Age (at the time of death)||43 Years|
|Death Cause||Cancer BBC|
|Hometown||Anderson, South Carolina, USA|
|School||T. L. Hanna High School, Anderson|
|College/University||Howard University, Washington, DC
British American Drama Academy, Oxford
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Fine Arts in Directing|
|Debut||Film- The Express (2008)
TV- Third Watch (2003)
|Family||Father- Leroy Boseman (Upholstery Businessman)
Mother- Carolyn Boseman (Nurse)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Writing, Playing Basketball|
|Address (Fan Mail)||Chadwick Boseman
Greene & Associates Talent Agency
1901 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
|Favorite Actress||Phylicia Rashad|
|Favorite TV Show||The Cosby Show|
|Favorite Guitarist||Jimi Hendrix|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status (At the time of death)||Engaged|
|Girlfriend||Taylor Simone Ledward
|Fiancée||Taylor Simone Ledward|
|Engagement Date||October 2019|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chadwick Boseman
- Did Chadwick Boseman drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was an excellent basketball player in his younger days and was part of the U-16 AAU basketball team.
- He never wanted to be an actor, instead, he wanted to be a writer and director.
- He was bitten by the acting bug when TV star Phylicia Rashad visited his university to give a lecture as a guest professor.
- From 2002 to 2007, he worked as a drama instructor in the Schomburg Junior Scholars Program in New York.
- He also worked as a theatre actor and playwright at the Congo Square Theatre Company in Chicago.
- In 2008, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career in acting.
- He rose to fame with his role of “Jackie Robinson” in the sports biopic ’42’ (2013), where he played the inspirational role of Jackie Robinson, the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball (MLB) in modern times.
- He used to do 5 to 8 hours of rigorous training with a choreographer for the demand of his role as “James Brown” in the biopic “Get on Up,” which was based on the life of singer James Brown.
- He had a big family, including 42 first cousins.
- He was a popular face in China and had won the “Most Popular U.S. Actor in China” award at the 13th Annual Chinese American Film Festival (CAFF), in 2017.
- He was Marvel’s first lead actor of color in the film ‘Black Panther’ (2018).
- On 28 February 2021, he was posthumously honored with a Golden Globe for his performance in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom; he played the strong-willed trumpet player Levee in the musical period drama. His wife, Simone Ledward Boseman, while accepting the award on his behalf, said,
He (Chadwick) would thank god, he would thank his parents. He would thank his ancestors for their guidance and their sacrifices. He would thank his incredible team, on and off set. He would say something beautiful, something inspiring. Something that would amplify that voice inside all of us that tells you, you can (do it), that helps you to keep going. And I don’t have his words. And honey, you keep them coming.”
Taylor Simone Ledward accepts the award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama on behalf of her late husband @chadwickboseman at the #GoldenGlobes.pic.twitter.com/UOgdLlnA52
— Golden Globe Awards (@goldenglobes) March 1, 2021