Ving Rhames Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ving Rhames
- Does Ving Rhames smoke?: Yes
- Does Ving Rhames drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ving was born into a middle-class family; his father used to be an auto mechanic and mother, a homemaker.
- Irving Rameses ‘Ving’ Rhames was named after the late NBC journalist, Irving R. Levine and when he was studying drama at SUNY Purchase, his fellow acting student- ‘Stanley Tucci’ (now an American actor) gave him his nickname ‘Ving’.
- In 1984, his first appearance was in the play- The Boys of Winter on Broadway.
- He played ace computer hacker Luther Stickell opposite Tom Cruise in the film series Mission: Impossible (1996) and reprised his role in Mission: Impossible 2 (2000), Mission: Impossible III (2006), had a cameo role in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011).
- Besides Tom Cruise, he is the only actor to appear in all five Mission: Impossible films.
- Ving won a Golden Globe award in 1998 for the best actor for TV Film- ‘Don King: Only in America’. But he gave that award to the fellow nominee- Jack Lemmon, quoting, “I feel that being an artist is about giving, and I’d like to give this to you.”
- He narrated the TV series- American Gangster (2006), also he is one of the narrators of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
- He also voiced the part of ‘Tobias Jones’ in the computer game- Driver 3.
- He also made an appearance in the rapper- Ludacris’s song ‘Southern Gangstas’.
- He filed a lawsuit against the producer of the film -Red Canvas in 2010, claiming that he had not been paid the complete amount (only $175,000 instead of $200,00) as per the contract.
- He filmed a series of commercials for The ADT Corporation in 2015.
- His voice is the center of Arby’s commercials (2015-present), with the catchline ‘Arby’s, we have the meats’.
God’s Blessing be with you and you family,. Mr. Rhames, SUE all that are INVOLVED! These people don’t want to RESPECT US, “Black Human Being”. Then Pay me for Disrespecting me as a “Black Man” To God be the Glory.