Stéphane Plaza Wiki, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Television presenter, Radio jockey, Real estate agent|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Debut||As an Actor
TV: Le Groupe (2001) as a a flower delivery man
As a TV Presenter
TV: Recherche appartement ou maison (2006)
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1970|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Suresnes, Hauts-de-Seine, France|
|Hometown||Ronce-les-Bains, Charente-Maritime, France|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Capacité en droit Le Télégramme|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Charente Libre|
|Relationships & More|
|Sexual Orientation|| Although Stéphane Plaza is rumored to be homosexual, he hasn't confessed his sexuality. Elle In an interview, while talking about his he said sexuality,
"I am happy but not in a PACS! Understand who wants. Those who don't understand may continue to say I'm gay, or gay, but I don't mind. I have neither to deny nor to confirm. It is in the domain of privacy."
|Parents||Father- Raymond Plaza (former professional cyclist)
Mother- Christiane Plaza (florist)
Note: Christiane Plaza died of pleural cancer in 2016.
|Siblings||Brother- Olivier Plaza
Some Lesser Known Facts About Stéphane Plaza
- Stéphane Plaza is a French radio and television presenter and a real estate agent. He hosts various French TV shows on M6 including Recherche appartement ou maison (2006) ‘Maison à vendre’ (2007), and On ne choisit pas ses voisins (2011).
- Since childhood, he suffered from dyslexia, a learning disorder, and dyspraxia, a developmental coordination disorder.
- Born to a cycling father and florist mother, Stéphane spent his childhood in Ronce-les-Bains in Charente-Maritime.
- While growing he developed a passion for acting and joined the Maurice Ravel Conservatory in Levallois and remained a member of the conservatory for seven years. A shy kid, he did not tell his parents about attending acting classes. His parents discovered his association with the conservatory from a relative during a family dinner.
- After failing to obtain his Baccalauréat économique et social twice, he pursued Capacité en droit.
- At the age of 17, he began his career as a real estate agent after joining his cousin’s real estate agency, where he worked for fourteen years. At first, he was in charge of rentals, and later, he was given a job in the sales department.
- He was operated on nine times for his broken calcaneus and tibia plateau after suffering a terrible fall in 1998.
- In 2001, he tried his hand at acting and secured the role of a flower delivery man in an episode of the TV show ‘Le Groupe,’ telecast on the channel France 2.
- A turning point in his life came in 2005 when, while participating in a real estate fair, he was noticed by a casting director for M6, who was seeking a host for its upcoming TV show ‘Recherche appartement ou maison.’
- He came into the spotlight in 2006 with his debut TV show ‘Recherche appartement ou maison.’ Telecast on M6, in the show, real estate professionals assisted various families to find their dream house.
- In 2007, he started hosting M6’s ‘Maison à vendre.’ In the show, Stéphane assisted the sale of properties that have not found a buyer in a long time by giving many tips on how to make a house more attractive and providing his expertise on market prices.
- In collaboration with Yves Charcot, he co-authored the book ‘Recherche appartement ou maison’ (2008).
- In the 2010 weekly show ‘Les experts… c’est vous !,’ Stéphane Plaza traveled around France spending time with different families and discovering various tips and tricks passed down from generation to generation on numerous lifestyle topics like gardening, decoration, fashion, health, beauty, fitness, etc.
- On February 12, 2010, he bagged the title of Best TV presenter of the Year for the show ‘Maison a vendre’ at the fifth ceremony of ‘Trophees Jeunes Talents,’ which was held at Elysees Biarritz theater in Paris, France.
- In the same year, he assumed the position of general manager at ERA CTI group.
He published the book ‘Valoriser votre logement’ in 2010.
- He played the lead role of Alexandre in the TV series ‘L’homme de la situation’ (2011), which telecast on M6. The show centers around an immature and lazy boy named Alexandre who is hired as a nanny by Sophie, a business lawyer mother of three children.
- In the same year, he contested and secured the third position in M6’s French reality TV show ‘Pékin Express: Duos de choc’ in which he partnered with the Belgian TV presenter Sandrine Corman.
- From 2011 to 2013, he hosted the TV show ‘Ma maison est la plus originale’ on M6. In the show, a panel of three experts extensively travel all over France to search for the most original house. Besides being the host of the show, he was also the writer of the show.
- In 2011, he became a co-host of M6’s TV show ‘On ne choisit pas ses voisins’ and shared the screen with Karine Le Marchand. The show centered around different families with unbearable neighbors. In the show, Stéphane and Karine made efforts to solve the quarrels between neighbors to get everything in order in the neighborhood. He hosted the show until 2014.
- He co-hosted the game show ‘Qu’est-ce que je sais vraiment ?’ (2014-2016) along with Karine Le Marchand. In the general culture quiz show, the viewers could participate via the 6play application.
- In 2015, he began presenting the TV show ‘Chasseurs d’appart’ on M6. In the show, three real estate agents turned into apartment hunters every week to find properties for customers. The real estate agent who attracts the most buyers for the properties wins a sum of 1,000 to 3,000 euros.
- In Gérard Lauzier’s 2015 French comedy play ‘À gauche en sortant de l’ascenseur,’ Stéphane played the role of a popular painter named Yan, who falls in love with a married woman named Florence. The play was staged at Théâtre Saint-Georges, Paris.
- Stéphane Plaza co-founded the real estate company Stéphane Plaza Immobilier in 2015 along with Bernard Augier de Crémiers and Patrick-Michel Khider de Lusigny. Within seven years of its creation, Stéphane Plaza Immobilier bagged 660 franchise contracts.
- In 2016, he appeared in Sylvain Meynia’s play ‘Le fusible’ in which he played the role of Paul Achard. In the play, the 45-year-old businessman Paul plans to leave his wife and change his life on the eve of selling his company. To put his plans into action, Paul confides in his companion Michel, a naïve computer genius and blunderer.
- He played one of the protagonists Zac in the 2018 French comedy film ‘J’ai perdu Albert.’ The film follows Chloe who lives a successful life as Albert Einstein resides in her mind. Her life takes a turn when Einstein decides to move into the body of Zac, a depressive beekeeper.
- Other shows presented by him on M6 include Cette maison est pour vous (2019), Tout changer ou déménager (2022), Rénovation surprise (2022).
- In 2022, he played the role of a magician named Pierre-François Kadabra in Laurent Ruquier’s comedy play, Un couple magique, staged at Théâtre des Bouffes Parisiens. He shared the stage with Valérie Mayoress and Jeanfi Janssens. In the play, Pierre-François Kadabra struggles to keep Claudine, his assitant and crush, from being dissmissed by his agent.
- He participated in the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon and won a gold medal.
- Stéphane Plaza Immobilier won the title of Agence Immobilière de l’année 2020 – 2021 (Real Estate Agency of the Year 2020 – 2021). The company also bagged the title of Picard marque préférée des Français in 2019.
- A passionate motorsport racer, Stéphane took part in the 2020 ice-racing event Trophée Andros.