Preston J. Cook Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Preston J. Cook
- Preston J. Cook is well known for his work as a camera assistant in the films Deadpool (2016), War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), and Skyscraper (2018).
- Preston J. Cook fathered his son, Strummer Newcomb, out of wedlock, Cook got married to the American actress Julia Stiles when she was pregnant with their first child. Julia Stiles is popular for starring in the films Wicked (1998), 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), and Down to You (2000). In September 2017, Stiles revealed the news of her pregnancy and the forthcoming wedding via an Instagram post with a caption alongside a winking face emoji, which read,
Who doesn’t love a shotgun wedding?”
- Since his debut television film, Strange Frequency (2001), he appeared in various other television films like Lucky 7 (2003), A Very Cool Christmas (2004), and Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber (2005).
- He played small roles in numerous television series including Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (2002), The Twilight Zone (2003), and Smallville (2006).
- He came into the limelight when he played the role of an assistant James in the American-Canadian drama ‘The L Word’ from 2004 to 2009. The series showcases the lives of a small cliquey group of gay women living in Los Angeles, and the support and hatred they receive from their friends and family.
- Before pursuing a career in the camera and electrical department of films, Cook starred in the 2012 American action horror film ‘Underworld: Awakening’ as Antigen Surgeon, but his role wasn’t credited in the film.
- In 2011, he commenced his career as a camera assistant with the short film ‘Greasy Soul.’ He was also the assistant director-cum-set decorator in the film.
- Other short films for which he worked as a camera assistant include Under the Bridge of Fear (2013), Whispers of Life (2013), and Bravery (2013).
- He assisted in the camera department of the Canadian television series ‘Love It or List It Vancouver’ (2013) for three episodes.
- Apart from the American and Canadian film entertainment industries, he has also worked as a camera assistant in the 2013 Punjabi-language Indian comedy film ‘Jatt & Juliet 2.’
- In 2014, he was worked as a digital loader in the American biographical comedy-drama film ‘Big Eyes.’
- He earned immense appreciation for his camera work in the American films Step Up All In (2014), The Revenant (2015), Deadpool (2016), War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), and Skyscraper (2018).
- In the British television series ‘Riviera,’ Preston J. Cook worked as a camera assistant for numerous episodes from 2017 to 2019. Starring Cook’s wife, Julia Stiles, as the protagonist, the series follows an American art curator named Georgina Clios, whose life turns upside down after her billionaire husband Constantine dies in a yacht accident.