Reuben Selby Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Professional Photographer, Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Age (as of 2021)||Not Known|
|School||Steyning Grammar School in Steyning, England|
|College/University||The College of Richard Collyer, England|
|Educational Qualification||He pursued subjects like Art & Design, Photography, and Physics & Maths at The College of Richard Collyer. Reuben Selby's LinkedIn|
|Ethnicity||Filipino-English Pause Magazine|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Maisie Williams (English Actress)
|Parents||Father- Simon Keith Selby
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brothers- Nathaniel Selby, Luke Selby, and Theo Selby (Renowned Chef-Trio)
In 2018, Luke Selby earned the award for National Chef of the Year.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reuben Selby
- Reuben Selby is a Filipino-English fashion designer, entrepreneur, and founder of the modeling agency Contact. He came into the limelight in 2019 when he started dating the English actress Maisie Williams who is best known for playing the role of Arya Stark in the 2011 American fantasy drama television series ‘Game of Thrones.’
- Since childhood, Reuben Selby was intrigued by art and craft. In an interview, while talking about his childhood hobbies, he said,
I was always just one of those kids sketching or drawing in my work books.”
- During his teenage days, Reuben was into professional boxing and participated in various boxing competitions.
- From May 2015 to May 2016, he was the brand ambassador for K-Swiss Global Brands. In March 2016, for a month, he worked at ‘Shine Communications, ’a London-based public relations and communication firm.
- Before establishing his modeling agency, Reuben pursued various jobs in the field of fashion, photography, and castings. He worked with renowned fashion designers like Thom Browne and JW Anderso and also collaborated with popular publications including Wonderland, Office Magazine, Complex, Attitude, and Gay Times to gain expertise in multiple fields.
- His artistic vision innocently paved the way for him into the world of fashion. In an interview, while talking about his onset in the fashion industry, he said,
I don’t actually know how I first got into the creative scene!.. I first started as a fashion product manager for some designers and from that, I started doing my own photography and I had to cast models for that, and then I just started literally doing random stuff like putting on exhibitions, working with a lot of creative people in London and just trying to build a platform and show people’s work.”
- In February 2016, he set his foot in the marketing & advertising field when he co-founded the creative agency Cortex Creatives.
- Thereafter, he created a Facebook group of 400 people, where people could share their creative ideas, put exhibitions, and display their creativity. The success of the group spawned the idea in Reuben’s head of designing a new virtual platform, where creatives could collaborate, discover new talent, interact, and learn from each other. This led Reuben Selby to collaborate with his girlfriend Maisie Williams for her project ‘Daisie.’ In January 2018, Maisie Williams launched the social media platform ‘Daisie’ and appointed Reuben as its communications director.
- In June 2018, he embarked on his beginning in the casting business when he founded ‘The Contact Agency,’ a model management agency.
- Maisie Williams and Reuben Selby often flaunted coordinated outfits in events like the Paris Fashion Week (2019), Thom Browne Show (2020), and Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas’ pre-wedding festivities in France. In October 2020, the couple took coordinated fashion and twinning one step ahead when they decided to jointly dye their hair bright red. While the designer opted for entirely red-colored hair, the actress chose to dye only the tips of her blonde mullet.
- In 2020, he launched his self-titled clothing label Reuben Selby. The debut collection “(In)visible Barriers” of the brand was presented in the courtyard of the luxury five-star hotel Ritz Paris. Reuben emphasized gender-fluidity while designing the collection, something that he embraced himself. In an interview, while talking about his designs he said,
Many of the pieces are the same cut for both men and women. You can’t put a gender on an item of clothing…Wearing a Thom Browne kilt skirt was one of the most freeing feelings that I’ve ever had wearing a piece of clothing, and it’s still not looked at in a way that’s necessarily socially accepted.”
- At the London Fashion Week in June 2021, Reuben Selby presented his spring/summer 2022 collection titled ‘Clash,’ which was inspired by his mother’s Filipino roots. Migrated from the Philippines to the United Kingdom, Reuben’s mother faced difficulty while settling in an all-white community. In an interview, while talking about his collection, he said,
Clash means to me, being mixed race, half Asian half white, having a mother that emigrated to the United Kingdom who had to lose part of her culture to be accepted. When my mom used to walk down the street with a bright straw hat or something like that, people would view her in a way as if she wasn’t socially accepted.”
- As an active environmentalist, Reuben Selby closely worked with the eco-friendly companies Infinited Fiber Company and Sheep Inc. to produce his clothing range. Infinited Fiber Company assisted him in creating 100% recyclable fibers; meanwhile, the carbon-negative knitwear company Sheep Inc. helped him protect the atmosphere. Carbon neutral companies aim at eliminating the equivalent amount of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere that they produce during the production, transportation, or packaging of a product.
- As a fitness enthusiast, he participated in various marathons like the Brighton Marathon (2016) for Cancer Research UK and BMW Berlin Marathon (2017) for Mind, a mental health charity in England and Wales.
|↑1||Reuben Selby's LinkedIn|