Matthew Rutler Wiki, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Guitarist, Production Assistant, and Executive Vice President at MasterClass|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Eye Color||Light Gray|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1985 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States|
|Hometown||Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States|
|College/University||Roger Williams University, Bristol, Rhode Island|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Business Administration Matthew Rutler's LinkedIn|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian roswellian's YouTube channel|
|Hobbies||Read Books, Hang out with friends, and Socialize|
|Tattoo||A tattoo is inked on Matthew Rutler's left hand
|Controversy||In 2011, Christina Aguilera and Matthew Rutler were arrested in West Hollywood after a police officer pulled over their car on suspicion of drink-driving. Aguilera was charged for public intoxication, meanwhile, Rutler was charged with driving under the influence. TMZ|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Christina Aguilera (American Singer-Songwriter)
|Children||Stepson- Max Liron Bratman
Daughter- Summer Rain Rutler
|Parents||Father- David Rutler
Mother- Kathleen Rutler (Freelance Writer)
|Siblings||Brother- Tim Rutler, Michael Rutler (Worked in the investment banking company UBS)
Sister- Olivia Rutler (Worked at Columbia University in New York), and Liliana Rutler (Former campaign manager at Recrue Media)
|Destination||Cape Cod, Massachusetts|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Matthew Rutler
- Does Matthew Rutler drink alcohol?: Yes roswellian’s YouTube channel
- Matthew Rutler is an American musician and the executive vice president of the online education platform MasterClass who is known as the husband of the renowned American singer Christina Aguilera.
- Since childhood, Rutler was curious about the art of filmmaking. In an interview, he revealed,
I just always enjoyed movies and I always wanted to know how the heck do they make that…I’d always go and buy the DVDs and the extended versions or the directors cut to see the making…just super interested what goes behind the scenes.”
- After studying business and music at Roger Williams University, Rutler ventured into the film industry in 2008. He secured his first job in the wardrobe department of the American film The Proposal (2009). Through networking, he was able to work his way up to the assistant directing (AD) department. In an interview, he said,
Funny enough I interviewed for the wardrobe department, I got the job and I said, “You know I really wanna be more around camera, onset, dealing with actors. And they were nice enough to forward it to the AD department.”
- Later, he became a first crew/first team member when one of the crew members came up with sickness and had to leave the shoot. The first team/first crew is a group of people hired by a production company for regulating various activities on the film set. Members of the first crew are responsible for coordinating hair, makeup, and wardrobe appointments of actors on set. It primarily deals with the actor, taking care of their behind-the-camera necessities for smooth functioning.
- Initially, Rutler assumed the responsibility of regulating the use of walkie-talkies on the set. Later, he worked as a production assistant in the American films Surrogates (2009) and Law Abiding Citizen (2009) and the British-American film Edge of Darkness (2010).
- Along with his day job as a first crew member, Rutler pursued his passion for music when he joined the independent band ‘Nate Mott Band,’ formed in Bristol, Rhode Island, in 2006. The band was made up of Nate Mott (lead vocalist and guitar player), Matt Rutler (electric and acoustic guitar player), Hoyt Hottel (drummer), and Evan Van Gorder (bass guitar player). The independent musicians joined hands when they coincidentally made acquaintance while performing at the same venue.
- The band released the album ‘Like We Mean It’ (2008). They also opened up for the Patriots vs. Steelers football game on November 30, 2008. Furthermore, the band played in the cast party of the film ‘The Proposal’ (2009), which was held at the Felt Club in Boston. After featuring on National Public Radio’s Weekend Edition, the band went on to perform for the “Light Foundation” (a televised charity event by the New England Patriots).
- While he was working as an AD member on the sets of the American television show ‘Empire State’ (2009), the show’s production company discovered ‘Nate Mott Band’s music and demanded to feature it in the show. Other musical credits of the band include the songs like Second Life (2010) and Swimming With Sharks (2012), Vast Expanses (2014), etc.
- On the sets of the film Burlesque (2010), Matthew Rutler first made acquaintance with American pop star Christina Aguilera who is well known for her songs Genie in a Bottle (1999), What a Girl Wants (1999), and Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) (2000). In 2014, Rutler got engaged to Aguilera on Valentine’s Day. Apparently, at that time Aguilera was pregnant with their daughter Summer Rain Rutler, who was born on August 16, 2014.
- When the couple first met, Christina was going through a divorce with her ex-husband Jordan Bratman. From 2005 to 2011, Aguilera was married to Bratman, a marketing executive. Together, they have a son named Max Liron Bratman.
- In addition to working as a production assistant, Rutler has also worked as a staff assistant for the American crime thriller film ‘The Town.’
- In 2014, together, Rutler and Aguilera founded the company Mx Productions, LLC (now-defunct). In 2015, they established Mx Investment Funds, LLC, through which they funded the celebrity-tutorial startup MasterClass. The American online education platform enabled students to access tutorials and pre-recorded lectures by experts in various fields. Eventually, Rutler became the executive vice president and also worked in the talent and business development department of MasterClass.
- Rutler and Aguilera were the executive producers for the cooking-based digital series ‘Chef Without Borders’ and the music-based game show Tracks (2016) for Spike TV. Apart from film and television projects, MX also made investments in numerous companies including Lyft, Clutter, Afrostream, Pinterest, and DraftKings. Other projects in which they invested include MikMak, a platform that enables traditional brands to view the activities of major online retailers.
- Rutler appeared in the video of Christina Aguilera’s song “Let There Be Love” (2009).
|↑1||Matthew Rutler's LinkedIn|
|↑2||roswellian's YouTube channel|
|↑4||roswellian’s YouTube channel|