Jodie Whittaker Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jodie Whittaker
- Does Jodie Whittaker smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jodie Whittaker drink?: Not Known
- The 35 year old British actress, is a graduate in acting with a gold medal. She graduate in 2005, from Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Since her teenage, she longed of becoming an actress.
- Jodie in her younger days, was a keen footballer and squash player. She is a huge fan of cricket and her father, Adrian Whittaker was formerly president of ‘Huddersfield Cricket League’ and now has a shop of blinds in Marsh, Huddersfield.
- Whittaker met her husband Christian Contreras,an American actor in drama school and tied knot in 2008, in Arizona. They both had their first baby in 2015 and keep their daughter away from the spot light, so away that they decided not to share the bay’s name.
- The actress refers herself as “chameleon-faced”, and enjoys being that way, this means she is not easily recognizable in public. She strongly believes is keeping her professional and personal lives apart. She does not have a Facebook or an Instagram account and asked Twitter to delete all her fake accounts.
- The only time her family came in news was, when her 3 year old nephew Harry Whittaker passed away in 2014. He played the role of ‘Leo Goskirk'( character of a Down Syndrome), in ‘Emmerdale’ and in his honor, the following episodes placed a photo of him during the credits-” To Harry,with love.” Harry, at the time of his birth was diagnosed with Down Syndrome(a chromosomal disorder).
- Jodie was given a 2 hour notice to fill in for Carey Mulligan in, ‘The Seagull at the Royal Court’ in 2007, when Mulligan contracted appendicitis mid-way. Originally, Jodie was auditioned for the same role, however was not selected in the first place. Once Carey was back on stage, Whittaker said, “Carey powered back to health after a few days – she was an absolute warrior. And when I saw her on stage again, I realized why I hadn’t got the job in the first place.”
- Jodie Whittaker, after confirming her role as the 13th Doctor in ‘ Doctor Who’, became the first female to bag this role. The entire cast and crew were so secretive about her role that, a code name “The Clooney” was used, even at Jodie’s house.