Park Seo-joon Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Park Yong-kyu/Park Yong-gyu Naver|
|Profession(s)||Actor & Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Daum - Park Seo-joon Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Agencies||• KeyEast (2014-June 2018)
• Awesome Entertainment (joined in July 2018)
|Debut||Film (South Korean): Perfect Game (2011) as 'Chil-goo'
TV (South Korean): Dream High 2 (2012) as 'Lee Si-woo' (main)
Singing: New Dreaming in the Kdrama ‘Dream High 2’
Film (American): The Marvels (2022)
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||Awards for Midnight Runners (2017)
• KOFRA Film Award for Best New Actors in 2018
• Faro Island Film Festival - Golden Carp Film Award - Korean And Japanese for Best New Performer in 2018
• Grand Bell Award for Best New Actor in 2017
• Korean Association of Film Critics Award for Best New Actor in 2017
• Korea Film Actors Association Awards - Popular Star Award in 2017
KBS Drama Awards for Fight for My Way (2017)
• Excellence Award (Actor in a Miniseries) in 2017
• Netizen Award (Actor) in 2017
• Best Couple Award (with Kim Ji-won) in 2017
Asia Artist Awards for Fight for My Way (2017)
• Fabulous Award in 2017
• Best Star Award in 2017
MBC Drama Awards for Kill Me, Heal Me (2015) and She Was Pretty (2015)
• Excellence Award (Actor in a Miniseries) in 2015
• Popularity Award (Actor) in 2015
• Top 10 Stars Award for in 2015
• Best Couple Award (with Ji Sung) in 2015
• Asian Film Awards - AFA Rising Star Award in 2019
• Korea Tourism Award (from the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in South Korea) - Special Merit Award in 2018
• APAN Star Award for Top Excellence Award (Actor in a Miniseries) for 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim' in 2018
• Cosmo Beauty Award for Annual Shining Beauty Idol in 2018
• KBS WORLD Global Fan Awards - Best Couple Award (with Kim Ji-won) for 'Fight for My Way' in 2018
• Seoul International Drama Award for Outstanding Korean Actor for 'Fight for My Way' in 2018
• Blue Dragon Film Award for Popular Star Award for the film 'The Chronicles of Evil' in 2015
• Fashionista Award for Best Fashion in TV for 'She Was Pretty' in 2015
• Herald Donga Lifestyle Award for Best Style of the Year in 2014
• SBS Drama Awards - New Star Award for 'One Warm Word' in 2014
• Korea Drama Award for Best New Actor for 'Pots of Gold' in 2013
Forbes Korea Power Celebrity 40
• Placed 14th in 2021
• Placed 30th in 2019
• Placed 22nd in 2018
• Ranked 3rd in the Most Followed Korean Actors on Instagram 2020 by Metro.Style
• Most Beloved by Consumer in 2018 by Soompi
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hometown||Seoul, South Korea|
|School||• Songnae Elementary School, Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
• Imhak Middle School, Incheon, South Korea
• Annam High School, Incheon, South Korea
|College/University||• Kyungpook National University Daegu Campus
• Seoul Institute of the Arts, Ansan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Studied Theatre at Kyungpook National University Daegu Campus The Korea Herald
• Studied Acting at the Seoul Institute of the Arts The Chosun Ilbo
|Blood Group||AB Koreaboo|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Metro.Style|
|Controversy||• In June 2021, Park Seo-joon was embroiled in a controversy over his old interview from 2014 in which he talked about his ideal type. In the interview, Park said that he wanted his wife to leave her job to take care of their kids. He had said,
"I grew up in a family like that so I also think my kids should be raised by their mother. I heard the one's childhood forever shapes the person's perspective on life. It seems unloved childhood leads to problematic adult life. Either he won't have good social skills, or he could end up being a felon to be extreme. I will be their good fatherly figure, but the children need their mom. It could be wrong but to me, this is an answer now. find women who bring about my protective instinct attractive. I feel like if they are tall, they are going to be fine living alone. I like women who keep me worried. And skinny women tend to be like that."
After his interview resurfaced on the internet, he had to face a huge backlash on social media. Allkpophe had to face a huge backlash on social media platforms
|Relationships & More|
|Sexual Orientation||Straight International Business Times
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• A girl in middle school
• Choi Woo-sik (South Korean-Canadian actor; rumored)
• Park Min‑young (South Korean actress; rumored)
• Baek Jin-hee (South Korean actress; rumored)
• Hyolyn (South Korean actress & singer; rumored)
• Sunmi (South Korean singer; rumored)
• Kim Ji-won (South Korean actress & singer; rumored)
|Siblings||He has two younger brothers.|
|Food||Japchae, Bulgogi, Bibimbap, Kimchi fried rice, Beef, Pork with Soybean Sprouts & Lettuce|
|Restaurant||A cafe in Banpo-dong in Seoul|
|Actor(s)||Leonardo DiCaprio, Kim Soo-hyun|
|Film(s)||A Bittersweet Life (2005), La La Land (2016)|
|Film Director||Kim Jee-woon|
|Baseball Team||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|Baseball Player(s)||Son Heung-min, Noah Syndergaard|
|Travel destination||Los Angeles|
|Assets/Properties||He owns a building in Seoul’s Gangnam district that he bought for US$9 million.South China Morning Post magazine|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Park Seo-joon
- Does Park Seo-joon drink alcohol?: Yes Instagram-Park Seo-joon
- Park Seo-joon is a South Korean actor and singer known for his performances in the South Korean dramas Kill Me, Heal Me (2015), She Was Pretty (2015), Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2016–2017), Fight for My Way (2017), What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim (2018), and Itaewon Class (2020).
- Like any other child, Park Seo-joon attended schools, cram schools, and PC rooms with his friends. He did not want to be an actor.
- In middle school, he began exploring his career options. He began dreaming of becoming a model after his friend suggested he become one as he was tall. He decided to leave the thought of modeling after facing opposition from his family.
- In middle school, he began studying acting to escape his shyness. In an interview, while talking about his shy personality, he said,
I couldn’t even order food at a restaurant, I was so embarrassed. I wanted to change that. And I have to confess I was drawn a little bit to the glamour (of acting).”
He joined an animation club and performed in his first cosplay event at a school arts festival. Recollecting the experience, he said,
That was the first time I wasn’t afraid of people’s attention. It was surprising.”
- While he was in high school, he attended an acting academy, where he gave his first stage performance.
- In his teenage years and twenties, he worked part-time jobs and attended hagwon (after-school classes) simultaneously.
- After he decided to become an actor, his parents opposed his decision. To get rid of his dream to become an actor, his parents put up a condition that if his grades dropped thrice, he would have to quit acting. This led him to switch back and forth between his acting classes and studies. He would go to school, then attend acting classes, and then he took the last bus back home to study at a library till 3 am. In the process, his grades dropped twice, but he was able to persuade his parents later.
- In 2008, he began his mandatory military service. He served as a prison guard in the Korea Correctional Service at Cheongju Prison. In an interview, he talked about it and said,
I went to the military in 2008. I wanted to act, but it didn’t go well. At that time, I thought I had to solve the problem from the military, so I left early. I also regretted it. But now that I think about it, it was good that I went early. (Laughs)”
During his military service, he read a lot of books, mainly self-help books and novels. Seo-joon was discharged from his military services in 2010.
- In 2011, Seo-joon started his career in the South Korean entertainment industry after he appeared in the music video of the single ‘I Remember’ by South Korean rapper Bang Yong-guk.
- He then acted in the South Korean dramas Family (2012), Pots of Gold (2013), and One Warm Word (2013).
- Park Seo-joon has also worked as a host. From 2013 to 2015, he hosted the South Korean music program Music Bank, and in 2014, he hosted the SBS Drama Awards.
- In 2014, he played the lead role of ‘Yoon Dong-ha’ in the series ‘The Witch’s Love’ (2014). The story revolves around the lives of 39-year old investigative journalist Ban Ji-yeon (played by Uhm Jung-hwa) and 25-year-old Yoon Dong-ha (running an errand store with his friend), who find love despite their age difference and scarred hearts.
- In 2015, Park Seo-joon sang the OST ‘Come into My Heart’ (2014) of the Kdrama ‘The Witch’s Love.’
- He was featured in the music videos ‘One Two Three Four’ (2014) by South Korean singer Jeong Soon-won (The One) and ‘Dream All Day’ (2017) by South Korean singer Kim Ji-soo.
- In 2015, he was seen as ‘Cha Dong-jae’ (main character) in the South Korean film ‘The Chronicles of Evil.’
- In 2015, he appeared in his first breakout role as ‘Oh Ri-on’ in the South Korean TV series ‘Kill Me, Heal Me.’ Park played the second male lead who is a mystery novelist under the name Omega.
- He also sang the OST ‘Letting You Go’ from the Kdrama ‘Kill Me, Heal Me,’ which peaked at 91 on the Gaon Digital Chart.
- In the same year, he played his second breakout role as ‘Ji Sung-joon’ in the South Korean drama ‘She was Pretty.’ In the drama, Ji Sung-joon, played by Seo-joon, is an unattractive and shy child who turns into a handsome and successful man. Ji Sung-joon is in search of his childhood sweetheart and first love, Kim Hye-jin (played by Hwang Jung-eum), who, in contrast to Sung-Joon, is a beautiful and confident child-turned-ugly woman.
- While shooting for ‘She Was Pretty’ (2015), his co-star Hwang Jung-eum named him ‘Park Sundae’ due to his thick lips. Sundae is a type of blood sausage in Korean cuisine. Koreaboo
- In 2016, Park appeared in one of the highest-rated Kdramas ‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ in the lead role of ‘Moo Myung/Kim Sun-woo.’ The historical drama is based on an elite group of male warrior youth called Hwarang in Silla, an ancient kingdom of the Korean Peninsula.
- Other OST’s Park Seo-joon sang was ‘Long Way’ (2015) from ‘She was Pretty’ and ‘Our Tears’ (2017) from ‘Hwarang.’
- In 2017, he appeared in yet another hit Kdrama ‘Fight for My Way’ in the lead role of ‘Ko Dong-Man.’ The Kdrama is based on the lives of four individuals struggling to succeed in their respective careers and love life.
- In 2017, he played his first lead role in a South Korean film when he starred as ‘Park Ki-joon’ in the action-comedy ‘Midnight Runners,’ which chronicles the journey of two Korean National Police University students, who after witnessing a kidnapping scene, decide to use their knowledge to track the kidnappers.
- In 2018, he was seen in the lead role of ‘Lee Young-joon/Lee Sung-hyun’ in another hit romantic drama ‘What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.’ In the drama, Seo-joon plays the vice-chairman of a major corporation whose world starts to shake after his highly capable secretary, Kim Mi-so (played by Park Min-young), decides to resign from her job. What follows is Lee Young-joon trying every means to make Kim Mi-so stay by his side while they became romantically involved with each other. For his portrayal of Lee Young-joon, Park Seo-joon received positive reviews from critics and was dubbed as the ‘master of romantic comedy’ by the Korean press.
- In 2018, he became a cast member in the second season of the South Korean TV reality show ‘Youn’s Kitchen’ in which the cast of the show travel to a foreign location and try to run their pop-up restaurant there.
- In September 2019, he was named among the jury members of the Asiana International Short Film Festival.
- In 2019, Seo-joon started his Youtube channel named 박서준 Record PARK’s, where he uploaded content related to his personal life and behind the scenes of his films and Kdrama sets. In 2019, his channel was hacked, and the hacker deleted almost all of his content on the channel. After some time, his account was restored. In 2020, Seo-joon’s channel reached one million subscribers, and he won the YouTube Creator Award – Gold Play Button; he was the first Korean actor to achieve the feat. Metro.Style
- In 2020, he was seen in the supporting role of ‘Min-Hyuk’ in the black comedy thriller film ‘Parasite,’ which received Palme O’dor at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, four Academy Awards in 2020, a Golden Globe Award 2020, and a Screen Actors Guild Award 2020. The film is based on a poor family that schemes employment from a wealthy family by invading their house as unrelated and highly qualified individuals.
- In 2020, Seo-joon was seen as the leading character in the South Korean drama ‘Itaewon Class,’ a superhit Kdrama that aired on JTBC in South Korea and Netflix worldwide. In Itaewon Class, Seo-joon portrays Park Sae-ro-yi who lost his father in an accident caused by the heir of a top food company’s CEO, and he couldn’t get justice for his father’s death. The series is about how Park Sae-ro-yi’s converts his small pub to the biggest food company in South Korea as a means of revenge for his father’s death. In 2020, the series was put in Time Magazine’s ‘The 10 Best Korean Dramas to Watch on Netflix’ and Forbes’ ‘The 13 Best Korean Dramas of 2020’ lists. The series was also reported to be the first most searched drama/entertainment program of 2020 and the fourth most searched domestic term of 2020 in South Korea.
- Park Seo-joon made cameo appearances on the Kdramas Mama (2014) and Record of Youth (2020). He also played lead roles in a series of South Korean feature films like The Divine Fury (2019), Dream (2021), and Concrete Utopia (2021).
- In 2021, he appeared as a cast member of the South Korean reality TV show ‘Youn’s Stay,’ rebranded from ‘Youn’s Kitchen.’ The series follows the same concept as Youn’s Kitchen; instead, the cast had to operate a hanok (traditional Korean house), especially for foreigners who have lived in South Korea for less than a year.
- An active philanthropist, Park donated $83,800 to flood victims in August 2020 and a small amount to the city of Daegu to help with the funding of medical equipment to fight Covid-19 in February 2020.
- In January 2021, Park gave the nickname ‘Jeomju’ (meaning storekeeper in Korean) to his fans. The name was suggested by his fans, and he chose it as he believed the name sounded close to ‘box office’ in Korean. Seo-joon’s Fancafe, a forum hosted by the South Korean web portal Daum, is named ‘PARK’s Office.’ Soompi
- Park Seo-joon likes watching football matches. He likes the South Korean footballer Son Heung-min and is also good friends with him.
- Since childhood, he had an interest in baseball and wished to become a baseball player. When his younger brother decided to become a baseball player, his father chose to train him as he (his father) thought that he (Seo-joon’s brother) played better than him. This led Seo-joon to choose a different career. Seo-joon still watched the game until his brother quit baseball due to an injury. Later, park Seo-joon began playing baseball again. He is a member of the celebrity baseball team Playboys, and his jersey number is 34.
- Park Seo-joon is skilled at kendo, aikido, fencing, and horseback riding.
- Park Seo-joon is the World Wildlife Fund, Good Library, and 2020 Census of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries ambassador.
- Seo-joon admired South Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun when he entered the entertainment industry. Initially, Soo-hyun was in the same agency as him and was senior to him despite being the same age. He first met Soo-hyun while shooting for Dream High 2 by chance. Soo-hyun played the lead character in the first season of the show. Also, Soo-hyun recommended Seo-joon to his agency KeyEast Entertainment.
- Park Seo-joon, along with BTS’ vocalist V (Kim Tae-hyung), actors Park Hyung-sik and Choi Woo-sik, and Peakboy, is a member of the celebrity friends group ‘Wooga Squad.’ Wooga is an abbreviation of the phrase ‘Woori-ga gajok-inga?,’ meaning ‘are we family?’ Seo-joon, Hyung-shik, and Tae-hyung formed the squad during the shooting of ‘Hwarang.’
- Among all of the Wooga members, Seo-joon is closest to V (Kim Tae-hyung). Seo-joon and V consider each other their soulmate, even though they have a huge age difference, with Seo-joon being 33 years old (as of 2021) and V being 26 years old (as of 2021).
- Park Seo-joon has been the brand ambassador of luxury brands like Montblanc, Laneige, Tommy Hilfiger, Dr. Jart+, CJ Healthcare, Kloud Beer, Bibigo, Domino’s, and others.
- Park Seo-joon adores dogs and has a Bichon Frize named Simba. His social media pages are filled with pictures of him with Simba.