Ian Hecox (Smosh) Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ian Hecox
- Does Ian Hecox smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ian Hecox drink alcohol?: Yes
- In 2002, Ian met Anthony Padilla in their sixth-grade science class and Anthony created a website called smosh.com which was later joined by him.
- The name ‘Smosh’ came from an incident where he mistook a friend explaining a mosh pit.
- In 2005, they began posting videos on their YouTube Channel- Smosh and became one of the most popular channels.
- On 28 November 2005, they both posted a video featuring themselves synching to the Pokemon theme song.
- The video instantly went viral and became the most-viewed video on YouTube at that time with over 24 million views.
- In 2006. the success of their Pokemon video led Smosh to be featured in the ‘Person of the Year: You’ issue of Time Magazine, and also on Time.com.
- They also started making other short YouTube skits, such as their annual video series ‘Food Battle’ and ‘That Damn Neighbour’.
- Also in 2010, Smosh created the ‘iShut Up App’ for Android phones as part of a Google sponsorship and ultimately made their way to the iTunes app store.
- In 2012, Ian & Anthony started three new YouTube channels: ‘ElSmosh’, with Smosh videos dubbed in Spanish, ‘Shut Up! Cartoons’, with various animated videos, and ‘Smosh Games’, with gaming-related content.
- They both got their debut movie- ‘Smosh: The Movie’ released on July 23, 2015, under the production label- ‘Lionsgate’.
- Ian has so far acted in two movies- ‘Smosh: The Movie’, ‘Ghostmates’ and lent his voice to orange balloon bird in the ‘Angry Bird’ movie (2016).
- Their channel- Smosh was the most subscribed channel in the world for the three consecutive years until PewDiePie took their position.
- In June 2017, Anthony & Ian broke up their alliance and started working separately on YouTube.
- He suffers from ADHD ( Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) and Asthma.