Bob Weinstein Height, Weight, Age, Controversies, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Robert "Bob" Weinstein|
|Profession||American Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 173 cm
in meters - 1.73 m
in feet inches - 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 85 kg
in Pounds - 187 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1954|
|Age (as in 2017)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Flushing, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||New York City, U.S.|
|College/University||A College Graduate|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Max Weinstein (a Diamond Cutter)
Brother- Harvey Weinstein (Film Producer)
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Traveling|
|Honors/Awards||1996: Britannia Awards (shared with Harvey Weinstein).
1997: Gotham Awards (shared with Harvey Weinstein and James Schamus).
1998: GLAAD Media Award (shared with Harvey Weinstein).
2001: British Independent Film Awards (shared with Harvey Weinstein).
2003: Saturn Award (shared with Harvey Weinstein).
|Controversies||• Bob has been cited as a volatile and bullying executive by his business associates and multiple former employees.
• In October 2017, a female showrunner, Amanda Segel (Producer & Writer), working for the Weinstein Company, came forward with claims that Bob Weinstein had sexually harassed her the previous year. Variety published Segel's story on the same day that Harvey Weinstein resigned from the Board of Directors of The Weinstein Company.
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||1st Wife- Name Not Known
2nd Wife- Anne Clayton, a former book editor (2000–2012)
|Children||2 daughters and 1 son from his 1st wife
3 children from his 2nd wife
|Net Worth||$150 Million (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bob Weinstein
- Does Bob Weinstein smoke?: Yes
- Does Bob Weinstein drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Jewish family in Flushing, New York.
- Bob grew up with his elder brother Harvey Weinstein in Electchester (a housing co-op) in New York City.
- In the 1970s, he, along with his brother Harvey Weinstein, and Corky Burger produced rock concerts as “Harvey & Corky Productions” in Buffalo.
- Bob and Harvey, both had grown up with a passion for movies. They inculcated a desire to enter the Film Industry.
- In the late 1970s, created a small independent film distribution company called “Miramax” (named after their parents – Miriam and Max).
- In the early 1980s, their company, Miramax, obtained the rights to 2 British films of benefit shows filmed for the human rights organization- Amnesty International.
- The Weinstein brothers, working closely with Martin Lewis, the producer of the original films, edited the two films into one movie titled ‘The Secret Policeman’s Other Ball.’ The film was released in May 1982. The film became Miramax’s first hit.
- The Weinstein brothers slowly grew up by making arthouse films throughout the 1980s, which achieved critical attention and modest commercial success.
- With the success of Steven Soderbergh’s “Sex, Lies, and Videotape,” Miramax became the most successful independent studio in America.
- After the success of The Crying Game in 1993, Disney offered the Weinsteins $80 million for ownership of Miramax, which they agreed.
- In 1997, with the victory of The English Patient, Miramax won its first Academy Award for Best Picture. With this, started a chain of critical successes, which included Good Will Hunting (1997) and Shakespeare in Love (1998)- both won several awards, including the Academy Awards.
- On September 30, 2005, the Weinstein brothers left Miramax to form their own production company, The Weinstein Company.