Wi Ha-joon Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography and More
|Real Name||Wi Hyun-yi Max Movie|
|Profession||Actor, Model, and Singer|
|Famous Role(s)/Famous For||Role of Hwang Jun-ho in Squid Game (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Daum - Wi Ha-joon Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Daum - Wi Ha-joon Weight||in kilograms- 68 kg
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Debut||Short Film (South Korean): Peace in Them (2012)
Feature Film (South Korean): Coin Locker Girl (2015) as 'young Woo-gon'
TV (South Korean): Goodbye Mr. Black (2016) as 'Ha-joon' (extended role)
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Soando Island, South Jeolla Province, South Korea|
|Hometown||Soando Island, South Jeolla Province, South Korea|
|School||• Wando High School, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
• Baekam High School, Jeongeup-si, North Jeolla Province, South Korea
|College/University||Sungkyul University, Anyang, South Korea
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Theater and Film MSTeam Entertainment - Wi Ha-joon|
|Blood Group||B Daum - Wi Ha-joon|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Lulu Lala Unnecessary Interview - YouTube|
|Hobbies||Acrobatics, Boxing, Playing Volleyball, and Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Wi Ha-joon is not married|
|Parents||Names of his parents are not known. (His father runs an abalone farm.)|
|Siblings||He has a younger sister.|
|Other Relatives||Niece- A Hyeoni (from his younger sister)
|Desserts||Mint Chocolate Ice Cream|
|Beverages||Mint Chocolate Latte, Iced Americano|
|Actor(s)||Song Kang-ho, Yoo Ah-in, Kim Woo-bin|
|Film(s)||Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior (2003), Once Upon a Time in High School (2004), The Chaser (2008), Secretly, Greatly (2013), New World (2013), Veteran (2015)|
|Kdrama||Dr. Romantic (2016)|
|Songs||Since I Let You Go by YB, Me After You by Paul Kim|
|Mixed Martial Artist||Valentina Shevchenko|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Wi Ha-joon
- His hobbies include acrobatics, boxing, volleyball, and listening to music.
- Growing up, he wanted to be an artist or a member of a boy band. In his middle and high school, he was even a member of a dance club. In his third year of high school, he traveled to Tokyo to audition for SM Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. He took a camera test after passing the first round of auditions at SM but was ultimately rejected.
- While studying acting in Seoul, he watched many plays and films and naturally gravitated towards acting. The first play he saw was “Don’t Be Too Surprised,” which was directed by Park Geun-Hyung and staged at the Sanwoollim Theater in Hongdae, Seoul.
- In an interview, when asked how he relieves himself when he’s tired and in trouble. He replied that he had gone to the training room to practice in the theater instead of at home. He said looking at himself in the mirror as he acted gave him confidence.
- While working on “Romance Is a Bonus Book,” he befriended South Korean actor Lee Jong-suk, who played the series’ lead role. He said,
I tend to get along with men while fighting playfully. Lee Jong-suk made me feel very welcome and took good care of me. He also gave me a lot of encouragement and praise, so I felt the most comfortable on set.
- Since childhood, he wanted to embody the antagonist, especially a serial killer in films or Kdramas. His dream came true when he landed the role of a serial killer in the South Korean movie Midnight.
- He had to lose weight to play the psychopath in Midnight because he needed a sharp face for the character. Before filming, he weighed around 76 kg. Thanks to a diet and intensive interval training, he lost 13 kg in two months.
- In an interview, he once said that he didn’t like to drink very much. He drinks two bottles when he wants to drink a lot, otherwise one or a bottle and a half. Lulu Lala Unncecessary Interview
- He is a big fan of mixed martial arts and watches MMA fights before he goes to bed.
- He changed his name after the CEO of his agent suggested he do so. He had chosen seven names to accompany his surname Wi. He chose Ha-Joon, where Ha (Hwa) means becoming and Joon means special.
- He is a philanthropist and donates to the United Nations Refugee Agency and other refugee organizations with Jung Woo-sung.
In an interview, he talked about how he wanted to create an entertainment industry to help younger people achieve their dream of shining in the entertainment industry.
- In 2021, he was on People magazine’s list of the 25 Sexiest Men You Can Watch. The top spot was occupied by Ant-Man star Paul Rudd, and the others were John Cho, Oscar Isaac, Hasan Minhaj, Jay Ellis, and Scott Speedman.
- He has a phobia of water. Before shooting an underwater scene in Squid Game, he had to undergo therapy to overcome his fear of water. News1 Korea
- Of all people, his father, who wished and rooted for him to become a singer, felt proud when he became an actor.
- He said that before he got into the entertainment industry, he was very sensitive and full of self-esteem. However, after facing several rejections, his self-confidence waned. There came a time when he hated himself and refused to look in the mirror. When he started to find work, he slowly regained his self-confidence and loved himself.
- He has been a brand ambassador of Under Armor.
- He also became a public relations ambassador for his city of Wando.
- He likes to have a cup of coffee for an instant energy boost.