Russell Wilson Hieght, Weight, Age, Girlfriends, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Russell Wilson
- Does Russell Wilson smoke?: Not Known
- Does Russell Wilson drink alcohol?: Yes
- Wilson is second of three children to Harrison Benjamin Wilson III, a lawyer, and Tammy Wilson, a consultant nurse.
- At the age of 4 or 5, Wilson was taught football by his brother and father.
- Wilson’s great-great-grandfather was a slave to a Confederate colonel and was emancipated after the American Civil War.
- Wilson’s maternal grandfather, A. B. Jackson was a noted painter while his paternal grandfather, Harrison B. Wilson Jr., is a former president of Norfolk State University who played football and basketball at Kentucky State University.
- On June 9, 2010, Wilson’s father died, after a lengthy battle with diabetes. Wilson believed that his father along with the Lord was guiding me.
- Wilson gets his wrist taped with three messages on it before each football practice. A message on football for the day, a scripture passage and a reminder of the person who helped make it all possible.
- Apart from football, Wilson played basketball and baseball for his collegiate school. During his senior years, he also served as his class president.
- After graduating from high school, Wilson was selected by ‘Baltimore Orioles’ into 2007 Major League Baseball Draft with a signing bonus of $ 350,000.
- In January 2011, Wilson joined ‘Colorado Rockies’ for the baseball spring season training as he failed to receive an invitation from NFL.
- In 2014, Wilson became part-owner of ‘Eat the Ball,’ a European bread company. In February 2016, he also founded a cloth line ‘Good Man Brand.’
- Wilson has many endorsement deals with Levi’s, American Family Insurance, Nike, Pepsi, Alaska Airlines, Microsoft, Duracell, Bose, Braun, United Way and Larson Automotive Group.
- Wilson gets a reference in Eminem’s 2013 song ‘The Monster.’ He has also appeared on the cover of several sports, fitness, and health illustrated magazines.
- Wilson divorced his first wife Ashton Meem in April 2014.
- Wilson and his longtime girlfriend Ciara first appeared in White House dinner in April 2015. On July 6, 2016, Wilson married to Ciara at the Peckforton Castle, Cheshire, England and they have baby girl Sienna Princess Wilson, born on April 28, 2017.
- In May 2014, before marrying to Wilson, Ciara had already borne a son, Zahir Wilburn, from her previous relationship.
- As per genetic admixture analysis, Wilson is 62% African, 36% European, 1% West Asian, and 1% Central Asian. His family lineage has been traced back to 524 A.D. to Saint Arnulf of Metz.