Lady Kitty Spencer Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Katherine Eleanor Spencer The Independent|
|Profession(s)||Model, Socialite, Aristocrat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Hometown||Althorp, Northamptonshire, England|
|School||Reddam House, South Africa|
|College/University||• University of Cape Town
• Regent's University London
|Educational Qualification Storm Management||• Studied English, psychology, and politics at the University of Cape Town
• Studied art history and Italian in Florence, Italy
• Master’s degree in luxury-brand management
|Religion/Religious Views||Although her husband, Michael Lewis, follows Judaism, it has not yet been confirmed if Lady Spencer would also follow Judaism after the wedding. Insider|
|Ethnicity/Race||She is a descendant of the House of Stuart through Charles II of England by his illegitimate sons. The House of Stuart was a royal house of Scotland, England, Ireland, and later, Great Britain.|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing Backgammon, and Watching Television Quiz Shows|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Jasper Eales (A professional surfer)
• Michael Lewis (2018-2021) (Chairman of the fashion company Foschini Group)
|Marriage Date||July 24, 2021
|Marriage Venue||Villa Aldobrandini, Rome|
|Stepchildren||Three stepchildren from Michael Lewis' previous marriage to a woman named Leola in 1985|
|Parents||Father- Charles Spencer (Viscount Althorp and 9th Earl Spencer)
Mother- Victoria Lockwood (Former Model and Countess Spencer)
• Caroline Freud
• Karen Gordon
Father- Jonathan Aitken
|Siblings||Brother- Louis Spencer (Viscount Althorp) (born on 14 March 1994)
Twin Sisters- Lady Eliza Spencer and Lady Amelia Spencer (born on 10 July 1992)
• Edmund Spencer (from Charles Spencer's second marriage with Caroline Freud)
• Samuel Aitken (from Victoria Lockwood's second marriage with Jonathan Aitken)
• Lady Lara Spencer (from Charles Spencer's second marriage with Caroline Freud)
• Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer (from Charles Spencer's third marriage with Karen Gordon)
|Rock Band||Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|Television Series||Friends (1994-2004), QI (2003), The Weakest Link (2000), University Challenge (1962)|
|Book||Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned by Lena Dunham|
|Web Series||House of Cards (2013)|
|Brand||Dolce & Gabbana|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lady Kitty Spencer
- Lady Kitty Spencer is an English model and aristocrat. She is the niece of Diana, Princess of Wales. She is also the first cousin of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex.
- Lady Kitty Spencer was born to Viscount and Viscountess Althorp of The Spencer family, a renowned aristocratic family in the United Kingdom. The English noble family has held multiple peerages including the Earldom of Spencer, the Dukedom of Marlborough, the Earldom of Sunderland, and the Churchill Barony.
- Another prominent member of the family was Sir Winston Churchill, who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945.
- Belonging to one of the most prominent families of the United Kingdom, Kitty Spencer has been in the public eye since childhood. In 1992, when Spencer was one year old, she was featured on the cover of Harper’s & Queen magazine (now known as Harper’s Bazaar UK), along with her mother.
- In 1995, Earl Spencer, along with his family, moved to Cape Town to escape the media. While talking about her childhood in Cape Town, she said,
I don’t think there really is a spotlight in South Africa,’ says Lady Kitty, who was four at the time. ‘I don’t think anyone knew anything about my family. It was good to grow up in an environment where people built each other up.”
- Her parents divorced in 1997 after which her father moved back to the UK while Spencer stayed with her mother in Cape Town. Thereafter, she juggled her time between Althorp, the Spencer’s ancestral family home in Northamptonshire and Cape Town.
- During her school days, she was scouted by various modeling agencies, but her mother always encouraged her to focus on academics instead and put her schooling first.
- Although Lady Kitty is the firstborn child of 9th Earl Spencer, the title and family estates, like Althorp and the Spencer House, were passed to her younger brother due to primogeniture, the feudal rule by which the ancestral property is passed to the eldest son. In an interview, in 2015, Spencer said that although she is pro gender equality, her brother should inherit. She said,
In general, I’m totally pro gender equality. But I’m quite happy that that’s [going to be] my brother’s responsibility. I just think it’s the correct way.”
- In 2007, she came into the limelight when Tatler magazine named her Britain’s most eligible girl after just one public appearance, a memorial service for her aunt Diana.
- In 2009, she was presented as a debutante at the 19th annual Bal Crillon des Debutantes, held at Paris’s Hotel de Crillon.
- In 2012, when she moved to London to study luxury-brand management at Regent’s University. While pursuing her master’s, she undertook consultancy at The Financial Times as a part of her degree.
- In 2013, she came across the military charity Give Us Time, founded by former Defence Minister of the United Kingdom Liam Fox in 2012. The charity aimed at providing military families in need of rest, rehabilitation, and reconnection with their families. Later, she became a trustee of the charity.
- After returning to the UK, she casually began to take modeling assignments, and effortlessly, fashion became a big part of her life.
- Just like her mother, Victoria Lockwood, who had been named Tatler’s girl of the year in 1984, Kitty Spencer gained popularity after her professional modeling debut in 2015 in the December issue of Tatler.
- Kitty’s mother, ex-model Victoria Aitken, caught massive attention for controversially discussing her past battles with alcohol and heroin addiction and her marriage to Earl Spencer. Later, she became an addiction counselor.
- In 2016, she was named an ambassador for Centrepoint, a charity in the United Kingdom that provides accommodation and support to homeless people aged 16–25 of which the Duke of Cambridge was a patron.
- In February 2017, Kitty Spencer walked her first runway at the Dolce & Gabbana show during Milan Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2017/18.
- After her debut runway, Lady Spencer walked the ramp for Dolce & Gabbana’s Secret Show in September 2017 and Secrets & Diamonds show in February 2018.
- As a model, she is signed with the management agency Storm.
- In 2018, Spencer was hired as an ambassador for the Italian luxury brand BVLGARI, known for its exclusive collection of jewelry, watches, fragrances, accessories, and leather goods. She had previously modeled for BVLGARI’s Diva’s Dream diamond necklace. The necklace was auctioned in June 2017 to raise 140,000 pounds for the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- In 2019, she got engaged to her fashion tycoon boyfriend Michael Lewis. The 62-year-old millionaire fashion mogul is 32 years older than Kitty and five years older than her father. The couple tied the knot in 2021, and their wedding took place at Villa Aldobrandini in Frascati, Rome.
- In 2021, she was officially announced as the global brand ambassador for Dolce & Gabbana.
- On her wedding day, Lady Kitty Spencer walked down the aisle wearing the stunning wedding dress created by Dolce & Gabbana.
- Kitty is in demand as an international fashion and beauty icon. She has worked with numerous prestigious brands like Estee Lauder, D&G, Vogue, Ralph Lauren, Zimmerman, Alberta Ferretti, Aquazurra, and Harper’s Bazaar. She has appeared in editorials of acclaimed magazines throughout the world including Marie Claire Spain and Elle Russia and has graced the covers of L’Officiel Brazil and Tatler.
- She is a social media freak who actively posts a mixture of memes, scenic shots, and amusing pictures of glimpses into her daily life on her Instagram account. Nonetheless, she is wary of social media platforms and believes it can be dangerous, particularly for young girls. In an interview, she said,
It’s an edited, filtered version of life. Younger girls think that’s reality and something that they can strive for, and if they fall short of that then they’ve somehow failed.”
- She adores Betty Draper, a fictional character in AMC’s television series Mad Men (2007). In an interview, while talking about Betty Draper’s fashion style, she said,
I’d wear that every day if I wouldn’t get looked at strangely on the street, but it’s absolutely the style I love—just the classic, feminine 50s style.”