Marion Cotillard Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marion Cotillard
- Does Marion Cotillard smoke?: Yes
- Does Marion Cotillard drink alcohol?: Yes
- Marion’s father, Jean-Claude Cotillard, is an actor, teacher, former mime, and 2006 Molière Award-winning director. Marion Cotillard’s mother, Niseema Theillaud, who is of Kabyle descent, is also an actress and drama teacher.
- Marion Cotillard started her acting during her childhood, appearing on stage in one of her father’s plays.
- Director Olivier Dahan chose Marion to portray the French singer Édith Piaf in the biopic- “La Vie en Rose” before he had even met her, saying that he noticed a similarity between Piaf’s and Cotillard’s eyes.
- For “La Vie en Rose” movie, Marion became the first actress to win a Golden Globe for a foreign language performance since 1972 when Liv Ullmann won for The Emigrants.
- On 10 February 2008, for her performance in “La Vie en Rose,” Cotillard became the first French actress to be awarded the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role since Stéphane Audran in 1973.
- On 22 February 2008, Marion was awarded the César Award for Best Actress for her performance in “La Vie en Rose.”
- Marion is the first Best Actress winner in a non-English language performance since Sophia Loren’s win in 1961.
- Marion Cotillard carried off a total of 27 awards for her performance in “La Vie en Rose.”
- In 2012, Marion was ranked 9 on the list of the highest paid actresses in France.
- Marion was named “The Most Beautiful Face of 2013” by The Independent Critics List and was ranked 13 on Empire Online’s list of the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” in 2013.
- Apart from acting, Marion is concerned for the Environment. Marion has participated in campaigns for environmental protection, in particular, Greenpeace, for whom she has acted as a spokesperson since 2002.