Some Lesser Known Facts About Camille Schrier
- Camille Schrier is a Virginian student who won the title of Miss America in 2020. She amazed people during the talent round of Miss America by performing a science experiment.
Camille Schrier posing after winning the Miss America 2020 title
- When she was a child, she was diagnosed with “Ehlers–Danlos syndromes” (EDS). It is a rare connective tissue disorder that affects the skin, muscle, and ligament function.
Camille Schrier during her childhood days
- In 2012, she represented Pennsylvania and won the “National American Miss Pennsylvania Teen.” She also got the opportunity to represent Pennsylvania in the National American Miss Teen pageant, and she ended up being the first runner-up.
- In 2013, she represented Pennsylvania once again, and she won the “USA Ambassador Teen” title.
Camille Schrier after winning the “USA Ambassador Teen” title
- She had taken admission in the Michigan Engineering college to pursue chemical engineering, but she soon transferred to Virginia Tech.
Camille Schrier during her time in Michigan Engineering
- During her time at Virginia Tech, she had created a blog titled- “FitLikeAQueen.com.” In Virginia Tech, she was in the “Kappa Delta” sorority.
- Schrier is a “cum laude graduate” (Latin honor to indicate the highest level of distinction) from Virginia Tech.
Camille Schrier on her graduation day in Virginia Tech
- After graduating from Virginia Tech, she started pursuing a “Doctor of Pharmacy” degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in Richmond, Virginia.
Camille Schrier in Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- She supports campaigns on drug safety, and she often takes part in such events and campaigns. After she won the Miss America title, she said that she will be spending a year advocating for- “Mind Your Meds: Drug Safety and Abuse Prevention from Pediatrics to Geriatrics.”
Camille Schrier working in a lab
- On August 11, 2019, she won the “Miss Dominion” pageant, and she got the opportunity to represent Virginia in “Miss America 2020.”
Camille Schrier after being named Miss Dominion
- Interestingly, she gave a demonstration on “hydrogen peroxide” during the “Talent Round” of Miss America 2020. Her science experiment went viral on social media and people were amazed to see such a unique thing at a beauty pageant.
Camille Schrier performing her science experiment during the talent round of Miss America 2020
- During the talent round of “Miss America 2020,” she said-
Science is all around us! I’ve loved science since I was a little girl. It’s my mission to show kids that science is fun, relevant and easy to understand”
- When Camille was done with her experiment in the “Talent Round,” judge Lauren Ash applauded her for her enthusiasm and said-
Your showmanship of science was fun to watch and is an interesting idea”
- In July 2019, when she had won “Miss Virginia 2020,” she had also given a similar science demonstration during the “Talent Round.”
- During her “Interview Round,” she was asked questions about social issues, and she impressed the judges by talking about mental health issues, drug safety, and drug abuse prevention. During the round, she was also asked- “How do you handle those who might make fun of Miss America?” to which she replied-
I think that what I’m doing by being a woman of science and redefining what it means to be Miss America in 2020 is how I deal with those people. I’ve had people that don’t think that what I do is necessarily a talent. But you know what? Miss America is someone that needs to educate, be able to communicate with everyone, and that’s what I do as a woman of science. And we need to show that Miss America can be a scientist and that a scientist can be Miss America”
- On December 19, 2019, at the Earth Expo & Convention Center in Montville, Connecticut, she was named as Miss America 2020. She also became the first Miss America to be crowned after performing a science experiment on stage.
Camille Schrier on being named Miss America 2020
- She was crowned by the 2019 Miss America, Nia Franklin. As per tradition, the previous year’s winner crowns the new winner.
Camille Schrier being crowned by Nia Franklin
- She won over Miss Georgia- Victoria Hill (First Runner-up; Vocal Performance Student) and Miss Missouri- Simone Esters (Second Runner-up; Journalism Student).
Top 3 Finalists for Miss America 2020- Miss Virginia- Camille Schrier (right), Miss Missouri- Simone Esters (center), and Miss Georgia- Victoria Hill (left)
- She was chosen as the winner by a panel of three celebrity judges- Kelly Rowland, Karamo Brown, and Lauren Ash.
Camille Schrier with Miss America judges- Karamo Brown (extreme left), Lauren Ash (right), and Kelly Rowland (extreme right)
- According to the Miss America organization, Camille, along with the Miss America title, will also be winning a $50,000 scholarship, a six-figure salary, and a chance to work with passionate professionals about creating more opportunities for women.
Camille Schrier after being crowned as Miss America 2020
- After winning the title, she said-
I’m not the beauty queen, I’m the brand ambassador for this organization and I’m more than just someone with a crown on my head”
- Hande Erçel Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Biography, Facts & More
- Vanessa Ponce (Miss World 2018) Age, Height, Family, Boyfriend, Biography & More
- Daniella Rodriguez (Miss Texas USA) Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriends, Family, Biography & More
- Desiree Gibbon Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Facts & More
- Caitlin Mchugh Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Biography, Facts, Net Worth & More
- Kadian Noble Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Facts & More
- Ashley Graham Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Biography, Family, Facts, Net Worth & More
- Laura González (Miss Universe Colombia 2017) Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Biography & More
- Sofia Vergara Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Biography, Facts & More
- Janica Nam Floresca (Franco Hernandez Girlfriend) Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Facts & More