Emmanuel Macron Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron CNN|
|Famous For||Being the president of France|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm cm
in meters - 1.75 m
in feet and inches- 5' 9"
|Weight (approx.)||en kilogrammes- 73 kg
en pèse - 161 lbs
|Political Party||- Socialist Party (2006-2009)
- Independent (2009-2016)
- The Republic on the march (2016-present)
|Political Journey||• In 2006, he joined the Socialist Party (PS).
• In 2009, he left the Socialist Party.
• From 2012 to 2014, he was Deputy Secretary General of the Élysée.
• In 2015, he declares that he is now an independent candidate.
• On August 26, 2014, he was appointed Minister of Economy and Finance in the 2nd Valls cabinet.
• On August 30, 2016, he resigned from the government ahead of the 2017 presidential election.
• In 2016, he founded his own progressive political movement, En Marche!.
• On November 16, 2016, he formally declares his candidacy for the French presidency.
|Biggest Rival||Marine Le Pen|
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||National Honors
- Grand Master and Grand Cross of the National Order of the Legion of Honor on May 14, 2017
- Grand Master and Grand Cross of the National Order of Merit on May 14, 2017
- Italy: Knight Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic 1 July 2021
- Ivory Coast: Grand Cross of the National Order of Côte d'Ivoire 20 December 2019
- Belgium: Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold 19 November 2018
- South Korea: Grand Order of Mugunghwa of South Korea October 8, 2018
- Finland: Grand Cross of Finland of the Order of the White Rose with Collar 29 August 2018
- Denmark: Knight of the Order of the Elephant 28 August 2018
- Senegal: Grand Cross of the National Order of the Lion 2 February 2018
- Tunisia: Grand Cordon of the Order of the Republic of Tunisia 31 January 2018
- Greece: Grand Cross of the Order of the Redeemer 7 September 2017
- United Kingdom: Commander of the Order of the British Empire 5 June 2014
- Brazil: Grand Officer of the Order of the Southern Cross 9 December 2012
- The Trombinoscope (2014, 2016)
- Charlemagne Prize (2018)
- Champion of the Earth (2018)
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1977 (Wednesday)
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|School||- Jesuits of Providence (high school in Amiens)
- Elite high school
- Lycée Henri-IV, Paris, France
|College/University||- University of Paris-West Nanterre La Défense, Nanterre, France
- Sciences Po (Paris Institute of Political Studies), Paris, France
|CNN Educational Qualification||- A master's degree in public affairs from Sciences Po (Paris Institute of Political Studies) in 2004
- DEA in Philosophy from the University of Paris-Ouest Nanterre La Défense
|Religion/Religious Views||Roman Catholicism The Local|
|Hobbies||Skiing, playing tennis, and boxing|
|Controversies||• In August 2017, a photojournalist was arrested and detained by the police for six hours after he entered the private residence where Macron was vacationing in Marseille. Macron subsequently filed a complaint about "harassment". In September 2017, he dropped the complaint "as a gesture of appeasement". Valeurs Actuelle
• On 8 June 2021, Macron was slapped in the face during a visit to the town of Tain-l'Hermitage. The attacker was identified as Damien Tarel, who stated that he was associated with the yellow vest movement and the far-right, though he was also described as an "ideological mush". He was sentenced to four months of imprisonment plus a suspended sentence of fourteen months. The Guardian
• Macron faced a backlash over his racist comment against the Islamic religion. He commented, "Islam is a religion that is in crisis all over the world." It called for a boycott of French products all over the world. India Today
• Macron was in the news for using profane words in the media for the government. He said that the government wants to "piss off" (emmerder) the unvaccinated people by banning them from various public venues. Independent
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||- Brigitte Trogneux, secondary school teacher (1992-present)
- Mathieu Gallet, CEO of Radio France (Rumor)
|Marriage Date||October 20, 2007
|Wife/Spouse||Brigitte Trogneux, secondary school teacher (m. 2007)
|Children||Son - Sébastien (step-son) (engineer)
Daughter - 2
Tiphaine (lawyer) (both are step daughters)
|Parents||Father - Jean-Michel Macron (Professor of neurology)
Mother - Françoise Nogues (doctor)
|Siblings||Brother- Laurent, born in 1979
Sister- Estelle, born in 1982
Note: Françoise and Jean-Michel's first child was stillborn.
|Salary (approx.)||$82 million (2016)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$31.5 million (2019) Spear's Magazine|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emmanuel Macron
- Emmanuel Macron was born on December 21, 1977, and stood as the youngest candidate in the 2017 French presidential election at the age of 39.
- Before becoming President of France, Macron was an investment banker and Secretary-General at the Elysee Palace.
- Macron did not perform national service because he was pursuing his graduate studies. Born in December 1977, he belonged to the last year when service was mandatory.
- François Macron has spoken of tolerance towards Muslim immigrants, but he recognizes the threat from extremists. Talking about the possibility of completely avoiding terrorist attacks, he said that “the option of zero risk does not exist” in an April interview with RTL.
- Macron received support from former US President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in the presidential election.
- An award-winning pianist, he has won numerous prizes. Sounds impressive, but when did it earn him the prize? The encyclopedia is strangely silent on the subject. In an interview with ClassiqueNews.com, Macron said he would like to play again “as soon as I have the time”, expressing particular affection for Robert Schumann (“he has images and feelings that I cannot find anywhere elsewhere”) and Liszt (“this great European, resolutely modern, anchored in the great tradition — the incandescence of his Years of Pilgrimage remains intact after so many years”)
- When he was appointed economy minister in 2014, the French newspaper Le Monde proclaimed him the “Mozart of the Elysée”. This label was picked up by other European publications, including Die Welt in Germany in 2015. While she was his teacher, his wife told a friend she felt like she was working with Mozart, according to Anne Fulda, his biographer.
- Although he has written many novels, he refuses to let them be read. According to Macron, he has unpublished works including “an epistolary novel about the Aztecs, a love story, and one about a pianist who plays with time”. Obviously, this raises many questions, especially about the meaning of the word “epistolary”.
- He founded a new political party En Marche.
- His former classmates had predicted that he would succeed in politics. “Everyone who met him knew at the time that he was someone extraordinary, that he was different,” Antoine Marguet told the BBC.
- In Paris, Macron failed to gain entry to the École normale supérieure twice.
- As president of France, Macron also serves ex officio as one of the two co-princes of Andorra.
- Macron and his wife met during a theatre workshop that she was giving when he was a 15-year-old student and she was a 39-year-old teacher, but they only became a couple once he was 18.
- Some of his hobbies include skiing, playing tennis, and boxing.
- On 27 August 2017, Macron and his wife Brigitte adopted Nemo, a black Labrador Retriever-Griffon dog who lives with them in the Élysée Palace.
- A fan of football, Macron is a supporter of the French club Olympique de Marseille. During the 2018 World Cup, he attended the semi-final between France and Belgium with the Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, and at the World Cup final against Croatia, he sat and celebrated alongside Croatian president Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović. Macron received widespread media attention for his celebrations and his interactions with the Croatian president.
- He has a huge fan following on social media. He has 3m followers on Instagram, 8.2 m on Twitter, and 247k subscribers on Youtube as of 2022.
- He can speak English fluently. Emmanuel Macron – LinkedIn
- He can flip a water bottle and make it land straight on the table. It was also a huge Tik Tok trend.
— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) April 20, 2017
|↑9||Emmanuel Macron – LinkedIn|