Colin Kaepernick Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriends, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Colin Kaepernick
- Does Colin Kaepernick smoke?: Not Known
- Does Colin Kaepernick drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the time of Colin’s birth, his mother Russo was a 19-year-old white woman who was single and impoverished.
- His biological father, an African American, left the family before Colin was born.
- Russo placed his son Colin for adoption with Rick and Teresa Kaepernick a white couple who had two children—son Kyle and daughter Devon—and was looking for a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.
- Colin began playing football as a defensive and punter when he was 8 years old.
- Colin excelled at the study. He graduated from his Turlock, Calif., high school with a 4.1 GPA.
- Colin nearly became a pro baseball player. He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2009 but chose to stay in Nevada to pursue football.
- In fourth grade, Colin anticipated that he would be 6-foot-4, weigh 140 pounds and play for the 49ers. The only thing he got wrong was his weight- he is 230 pounds.
- Colin attended John H. Pitman High School in California and played football, basketball, and baseball and was nominated for All-State selection in all three sports his senior year.
- Colin has multiple tattoos. His right arm features a scroll with the Bible verse Psalm 18:39 written on it. Tattooed under the scroll are praying hands with the phrase “To God The Glory” written on them. Colin’s left arm features a Christian cross with the words “Heaven Sent” on it referring to Jesus. There is a phrase written above and below the cross; the phrase is “God Will Guide Me.”