Alexandra Burke Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alexandra Burke
- Does Alexandra Burke smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alexandra Burke drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the age of 12, she first appeared on reality television by taking part in ‘Star for a Night’ and became the youngest person who was competing within the competition.
- In 2005, Alexandra auditioned for the second series of ‘The X Factor’and made it through to the final seven.
- She rose to fame after winning the fifth series of British television series ‘The X Factor’ in 2008.
- Her mother, Mellisa Bell, was also an R&B & soul singer and was a member of band Soul II Soul. Her mother died at the age of 53, due to kidney failure.
- Simon Cowell (one of the judges of The X Factor) asked Alexandra to record a version of “Live and Let Die” in order to use throughout the live shows of ‘The X Factor USA’.
- Alexandra and JLS (an English pop/R&B boy band) released a clothing line- 2KX. In order to promote that company, both the artists began wearing their own clothing at gigs performances, music videos, launched a Facebook page for the company and an official website, also YouTube ads.
- Later, Alexandra signed a contract with IMG Models as a Model. Their company accommodated clothes for both men and women, with JLS designing for the men and Alexandra designing for the women.
- In 2011, she helped to launch ‘Save the Children’ UK’s ‘No Child Born To Die’ campaign. The campaign aims to reduce child mortality over the next 5 years. In 2013, she also took part in a campaign for PETA in order to tackle the fur trade and she posed naked for the campaign with the slogan ‘I’d rather go naked than wear fur.
- She signed a merchandise contract before agreeing to become the face of company, Dolce & Gabbana in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- She was also the first ever ambassador for the ‘Sure Women’ deodorant.
- In 2012, she worked with MUA Cosmetics to launch her own range of lip-gloss named ‘Lip Boom’.
- In 2017, she participated in Strictly Come Dancing, alongside Gorka Marquez.