Stan Lee Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography, Facts & More
|Full Name||Stanley Martin Lieber|
|Profession||Comic Book Writer, Editor, Publisher, Actor, Television Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 180 cm
in meters - 1.80 m
in feet inches - 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 70 kg
in Pounds - 154 lbs
|Hair Color||Gray (half-bald)|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1922|
|Birthplace||New York City, United States|
|Date of Death||November 12, 2018|
|Place of Death||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, United States|
|Death Cause||Heart Failure and Breathing Issues|
|Age (at the time of death)||96 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|Hometown||New York, United States|
|School||DeWitt Clinton High School|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Jack Lieber
Mother- Celia Lieber
Brother- Larry Lieber
Sister- Not Known
|Address (Fan Mail)||Pow! Entertainment, Inc.
9440 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210-4608
|Controversy||On April 24, 2018, he was accused by Maria Carballo, a massage therapist, for misbehaving inappropriately during a massage session at Hyatt Residency, Chicago.|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Girlfriend/Affair||Joan Boocock Lee, Actress (1946)|
|Wife/Spouse||Joan Boocock Lee, Actress (m.1947-2017, her death)
|Marriage Date||December 5, 1947|
Daughters- Joan Celia Lee,
Jan Lee (Dead)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$50 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Stan Lee
- Did Stan Lee smoke?: Yes
- Did Stan Lee drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Stan Lee was born to Romanian-born Jewish immigrant parents, Jack and Celia Lieber.
- He used to live in a very congested apartment where his parents slept on a foldout couch.
- Since his childhood, he relished writing and reading books. It was his childhood dream to become a successful writer.
- Lee did a plethora of odd jobs in his youth to earn his living, viz. he was a office boy for a trouser manufacturer, delivered sandwiches for the Jack May pharmacy to offices in Rockefeller Center, guiding at the Rivoli Theater on Broadway, writing eulogies for a news service and press releases, and selling subscriptions to the New York Herald Tribune newspaper.
- In 1939, with the guidance and links of his uncle Robbie Solomon, he was appointed as an assistant at Timely Comics, which later transformed into Marvel Comics.
- To fulfill his dreams, he struggled through the worst and initially performed odd tasks at his office, viz. to get lunch from downstairs for other people, to ensure that the inkwells were filled for the writers who dipped their pens in the ink, and also erased the pencil marks from the finished pages for others.
- In 1941, he came up with his first comic book with the text filler titled “Captain America Foils the Traitor’s Revenge” in Captain America Comics #3 issue.
- Lee was the Former editor-in-chief, publisher, and chairman of Marvel Comics.
- Stan Lee joined the United States Army in the Signal Corps where he repaired telegraph poles and other communications equipment. He was later shifted to the Training Film Division where he wrote manuals, slogans, scripts, and also cartooning; but occasionally.
- He was given the title “playwright” when he was in the US Army, and only nine men in the US Army were given the title at that time.
- In 1961, he, along with artists Jack Kirby and SteveDitko, designed cartoon characters like Spider-Man, the Hulk, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and many other beloved popular fictional characters.
- Stan Lee fell in love with Joan Clayton Boocock in 1946, and they both tied the knot on December 5, 1947.
- The couple had two daughters named Joan Celia Lee and Jan Lee, but Jan died after three days of birth.
- In the mid-1950s, he returned to Atlas Comics and continued his passion for writing.
- He wrote numerous stories depicting a variety of genres like romance, humor, science fiction, horror, suspense, adventure, and westerns.
- He then collaborated with his comic book colleague Dan DeCarlo and created a newspaper strip entitled My Friend Irma, featured on the radio comedy of Marie Wilson.
- By the end of the 1950s, he became frustrated and disappointed with his career and decided to quit this field.
- In 2002, he filed a lawsuit against Marvel Comics as he received no credits from the first Spider-Man movie, and later in 2005, he settled at $10 million.
- Stan Lee was a versatile, multi-talented personality as apart from writing comic books, he has also hosted and narrated many television shows and films like Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV, Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, The Incredible Hulk, and a lot more.
- He had also narrated 2000 video game Spider-Man, the 2001 sequel Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, and 2010’s Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
- In the 1990s, he hosted the documentary series- The Comic Book Greats and interviewed well-known comic book creators- Chris Claremont, Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, and Whilce Portacio. Here’s a video showcasing his hosting skills interviewing Rob Liefield:
- In 2008, the former US President George W. Bush honored Lee with the American National Medal of the Arts.
- Lee founded The Stan Lee Foundation in 2010, which primarily focuses on education, literacy, and arts and promotes national literacy, culture, and diversity.
- In 2011, he became partners with the National Hockey League, which teaches and polishes players for each NHL hockey team.
- In the late September 2012, he canceled all his appearances at conventions; as he underwent a Pacemaker Implant Surgery.
- On July 6, 2017, his wife, Joan died of complications from a stroke at the age of 95 years.
- In 2017, in an interview, he revealed his life’s secrets, career achievements, daily routine, and many such interesting things worth knowing:
- In 2018, he gave a cameo appearance in the movie Black Panther, which is named after his own created fictional character.
- His wife was his barber as he wrote in his memoirs that he never went to a barber to get a cut as Joan always did that.
- His memoir entitled “Excelsior!: The Amazing Life of Stan Lee” is written by him in which he has opened various secrets of his life.
- In January 2018, he was spotted with the fans at some event related to release of the movie- Black Panthers.
- Despite achieving name and fame, he still credits his mother as the woman behind his success and confidence he has gained so far.
- Here’s a brief biography of this super-talented personality: