|Korean Names||• Lee Seung-ri
• Lee Geu-roo (Geu-loo or Geu-ru)
|Real Name||Nancy Jewel McDonie
|Nickname(s)||• Jo Nancy
|Profession||Singer, Actress, & TV Host
|Physical Stats & More
| Height ||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3.65”
|Eye Color||Brown; however, she uses lenses of various colors
|Hair Color||Black; however, Nancy changes her hair color frequently
|Debut||TV (Reality): Hangul Train Chipo (2010)
EP (as a member of Momoland): Welcome to Momoland (2016)
Acting: Some Light (2017) as 'Nancy'
Host: Pops in Seoul (March 2017-June 2018)
Album (Japan; as a member of Momoland): Chiri Chiri (2019)
Acting (Philippines): The Soulmate Project (2021) as 'Binna' (lead)
|Awards, Honors, Achievements ||Prominent Awards
• Gaon Chart Music Awards - World K-Pop Rookie in 2018
• Genie Music Awards for The Performing Artist – Female for the song 'Boom Boom' in 2018
• Melon Music Awards - 1theK Performance Award in 2018
• Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) - Discovery of the Year in 2018
• Golden Disc Awards - Digital Bonsang for the song 'Boom Boom' in 2019
• Japan Gold Disc Award for Best 3 New Artist (Asia) in 2019
• Seoul Music Awards - Bonsang Award in 2019
• Soribada Best K-Music Awards - Bonsang Award in 2019
• Korean Arts and Culture Awards - Korean Wave Idol Award in 2021
Asia Artist Awards
• Rising Star Award in 2017
• Best Icon Award – Music in 2018
• Choice Award in 2019
• Asia Model Awards - New Star Singer in 2017
• Korea-China Management Awards - Asia Rising Star in 2017
• Korean Culture Entertainment Awards - K-Pop Artist Award in 2017
• Korea Brand Awards - Idol of the Year in 2018
• Korea Cable TV Awards - Artist of the Year in 2018
• Korea Popular Music Awards - Bonsang Award in 2018
• MTN Broadcast Advertising Festival - Rookie Star Award in 2018
• The Fact Music Awards - Artist of the Year (Bonsang) in 2019
• Korean Entertainment Arts Awards -Group Singer Award in 2020
|Date of Birth||April 13, 2000 (Thurday)
|Age (as of 2022)||22 Years
|Birthplace||Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea
|Nationality||South Korean, American
|Hometown||Columbus, Ohio, US
|School||• Wolbae Elementary School, Daegu
• Hyoja Elementary School, Pohang
• Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul, South Korea (2018)
|College/University||Sungshin Women's University, Seoul
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Media and Visual Acting
|Ethnicity/Race ||South Korean and Irish
|Hobbies||Doing makeup and nail art, playing Nintendo games, travelling, shopping, watch American dramas, singing Disney songs, doing diamond painting
|Controversies||• In January 2021, Nancy's pictures were taken illegally, manipulated, and spread on social media platforms. The pictures went viral, which harmed Nancy's reputation, bringing Nancy mental and social damage. Soon, Nancy's agency issued a statement, saying,
"Nancy is a victim of having photos being inappropriately taken and manipulated. The person that should be protected first and foremost is Nancy. We ask for your cooperation with a heavy heart. We will follow through with our legal actions with no leniency and without reaching a settlement. Nancy is currently undergoing severe emotional turmoil. We sincerely ask of you: We long for an end to malicious posts that harass our artist. We want to express our gratitude to fans who always love and support our artists. We will continue to do our best in ensuring our artists’ personal and given rights."
• During the 2020 COVID lockdown in South Korea, the shooting of Nancy's upcoming Filipino series was delayed, which upset her. When Nancy was talking about it in an interview, she said,
"All these nonsense and quarantine whatever."
Her comments infuriated netizens, and they condemned her for being inconsiderate of the people affected by COVID.
• In 2018, Momoland faced Sajaegi (chart manipulation) accusations after their album 'Great!' sales reached over 8000 copies on the first day of its release. People suspected Momoland after there was an unexpected increase in their sales. Later, the accusations were cleared after the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, South Korea, announced that there was no case of Sajaegi.
• In 2018, Blinks (fans of the girl group Blackpink) criticized Nancy for having a blank stare at Blackpink members during their winning speech for their song 'DDU-DU DDU-DU' at MBC's Show Champion. Blinks and netizens called her out for being ill-mannered.
• In November 2018, during the MGA (MBC Plus X Genie Music Awards) ceremony, Momoland passed by South Korean Boyband BTS without bowing (an action for showing respect to seniors) to them, which is considered disrespectful in South Korea as BTS was senior to Momoland. The group's members were also seen laughing during BTS Jimin'a part during their (BTS)'Fake Love' performance. After the incident, Armys flooded Momoland's social media accounts with hate comments and condemned them for being disrespectful towards their idol.
• Nancy once made fun of bulimia (a serious eating disorder), which did not go well with netizens as they condemned her for being insensitive towards people suffering from bulimia. Later, Nancy issued a statement that she once suffered from bulimia, and she makes fun of the disorder as a form of coping mechanism.