Kate Upton Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Upton
- Kate was born into a conservative commercial, sporty and political family as her great-grandfather was the co-founder of the Whirlpool Corporation, her mother was a former tennis champion, her father was a high school athletics director, and her uncle, Fred Upton, is the Congressman for the Sixth Congressional District of Michigan.
- Her family moved to Florida from Michigan when she was a kid.
- She is an avid horse lover, and a prolific equestrian, as in her teenage only, she won 5 American Paint Horse Association World Championships.
She started modeling at age 15, and after a year, she attended the Elite Model Management in Miami, Florida.
- She rose to fame with her appearances in “Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue” in 2011 and 2012 and on the July 2012 front of “GQ magazine.”
- She was named the 2011 Sports Illustrated “Rookie of the Year.”
- In 2012, she was ranked #2 in Ask men’s top 99 “most desirable” famous women.
- The same year, she was also the Esquire’s Woman of Summer.
- In July 2012, she got featured on the front cover of GQ magazine. In the GQ photograph, Upton is wearing a little, red, white and blue swimming outfit, and enticingly eating a popsicle.
- The same year, her provocating dancing video song “Cat Daddy” by Rej3ctz was banned by YouTube.
- In March 2013, a Los Angeles youngster named Jake Davidson, made a YouTube video requesting Kate to be his prom date, that went viral on the internet.
- The same year, PETA criticized her for using endangered baby animals as a prop in a Harper’s Bazaar photo shoot.
- In Sports Illustrated’s 2014 swimsuit issue, she had a photoshoot at Cape Canaveral in a zero-gravity chamber.
- She is good friends with celebrities- Cameron Diaz, Brooklyn Decker, Chrissy Teigen, Christie Brinkley, Nicki Minaj, and Chris Noth.
- She is a fitness freak and does hip-thrust up to 200 pounds of weight.
- She doesn’t eat red meat.