Joe Jackson Age, Death Cause, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Joseph Walter Jackson|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 175 cm
in meters - 1.75 m
in feet inches - 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1928|
|Age (at the time of death)||89 Years|
|Birth Place||Fountain Hill, Arkansas, USA|
|Date of Death||June 27, 2018|
|Place of Death||Nathan Adelson Hospice, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA|
|Death Cause||Pancreatic Cancer|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||East Chicago, Indiana, United States|
|School||Washington High School|
|College/University||London's Royal Academy of Music, (1972-75)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Samuel Jackson
Mother- Crystal Lee
Brothers- Lawrence Jackson,
Sisters- Verna Mae Jackson
Lula Mae Jackson
|Controversies||• Jackson attracted controversy for concealing his daughter- Joh'Vonnie Jackson's identity in media. Joh Vonnie was from his 25-year long extramarital affair with Cheryl Terell.
• His several extramarital affairs often prompted Katherine to file for divorce.
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Katherine Jackson (m. 1949-till his death in 2018)
|Marriage Date||November 5, 1949|
|Children||Sons- Michael Jackson
Daughters- Janet Jackson
La Toya Jackson,
|Net Worth (approx.)||$500,000|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joe Jackson
- Does Joe Jackson smoke?: No
- Does Joe Jackson drink alcohol?: No
- At the age of 12, when his parents got divorced, he shifted with his father to Oakland, California, while his mother moved to East Chicago, Indiana.
- After few years, he relocated to Indiana to live near his mother.
- Having only a few friends in his teens led Joe being an introvert.
- In the midst of his journey of becoming a professional boxer, he met Katherine Scruse.
- Joe decided to leave boxing as a career and started working as a full-time crane operator for the United States Steel.
- Her wife had an emergency Caesarian operation to give birth to their twins- Brandon and Marlon Jackson who were several weeks premature, but unfortunately, Brandon died just after he was born.
- He started a band named “The Falcons” with his brother, Luther Jackson in the mid of 1950s.
- In the early 1960s, he worked as a group manager with his sons in a musical group named “The Jackson 5.”
- The Jackson family was honored with “BMI Urban Icon Award.”
- The Jackson 5 achieved immediate success and became the first American group to be on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart.
- He then got shifted to a mansion in Encino, California with his family out of Indiana after good earnings as a group manager.
- He was awarded “The Best Entertainment Manager of All Time” by Jane L. Campbell, mayor of Cleveland, Ohio in October 2002.
- On June 25, 2009, his son, the international pop star, Michael Jackson was found dead in mysterious circumstances.
- He received not even a single penny out of Michael Jackson’s mammoth estate/networth.
- Joe spoke about his son’s death to Alicia Quarles on the red carpet at the 2009 BET Awards.
- He received “Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album,” and at the event, he talked about his new cologne and perfume line honoring Michael Jackson.
- He suffered a stroke and heart arrhythmia in July 2015.
- The patriarch of Jackson family fell ill while celebrating his 87th birthday and was seen in a wheelchair at LAX airport after flying home from Sao Paulo.
- One year later, he was admitted to Los Angeles, but later he posted a message through his publicist that all is fine.
Such a great & wonderful man. Goodbye & rest in peace.