Some Lesser Known Facts About April Moss
- At college, she was a member of the coed cheer team, which cheered for Central Michigan University’s intercollegiate athletic teams, Central Michigan Chippewas. She also worked in various on-air positions for News Central 34, an affiliate of CNN and CBS News featuring CMU students cover campus, local, and regional news.
- The Maryland native Moss discovered her true love for broadcasting while she was interning at the NBC affiliate, WBAL-TV 11 in Baltimore.
- In April 2012, Moss joined CBS’s sister station CW50, where read weather forecast in the channel’s segment ‘First Forecast.’
April Moss in CW50’s ‘First Forecast’
- Thereafter, she held a variety of roles such as meteorologist, weather forecaster, fill-in news anchor, weekend weather anchor at the Michigan TV station CW50. She also hosted the CW50’s informational talk show ‘Street Beat.’ She also worked as a reporter on ‘Eye on Detroit’ reporting about the rising water levels in Macomb and St. Clair Counties, and The National Weather Service’s Storm Ready initiative.
April Moss hosting the talk show ‘Street Beat’
- After completing her degree in atmospheric sciences and meteorology at Pennsylvania State University in 2020, she joined CBS Detroit as a meteorologist.
- On June 20, 2021, she interrupted her on-air weather report to tell viewers about her upcoming interview with Project Veritas about the discrimination that CBS was enforcing on its employee.
Founded in 2010, Project Veritas is an American far-right activist group, which produces deceptively edited videos of its undercover operations. Recorded using a spy camera, Project Veritas aims to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups. In an online fundraising campaign GiveSendGo, she claimed that a mandatory test for COVID19 for employment or participation at a university or other institution violates federal law. Her claims were disposed of citing the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, according to which it is not against federal law for employers to mandate COVID-19 testing. Furthermore, in an interview, WWJ stated that Moss objected to comply with the local guidelines regarding Covid-19 testing and wearing masks inside the station. They also said,
In fact, we allowed April to perform her weather anchor duties from home as we explored her concerns. While we respect and support our employees’ freedom to have their own opinions, they are not entitled to use our station news broadcasts as a platform for sharing personal views. Ms. Moss is no longer with our station.”
Although Moss became a celebrated mainstream media whistleblower on the right-wing social websites, she lost her job. Apparently, Moss is believed to be following the footsteps of former Fox 26 Houston reporter Ivory Hecker, who was fired by her news station after she made a similar on-air tease a week earlier than Moss’ breakout. The GiveSendGo fundraising campaign helped her raise more than $30,000 by June 2021.
- After losing her job at CBS, she became an independent investigative journalist.
- In August 2021, she joined Real America’s Voice News, an audience-driven media network.
- She is a member of the National Weather Association.
- In her leisure time, she likes to volunteer at her church. Additionally, she is an active member of The Salvation Army, a Christian church and an international charitable organization
- Keleigh Sperry Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Ajiona Alexus, Height, Weight, Age, Facts & More
- Jenna Bush Hager Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Affairs, Family, Biography, Facts & More
- Daphne Caruana Galizia (Maltese Journalist) Age, Death Cause, Husband, Biography & More
- Eleanor Calder Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
- Aurélie Pons Age, Boyfriend, Spouse, Family, Biography and More
- Mike Horn Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
- Barbara Bush Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Family, Biography & More
- Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More
- Anllela Sagra Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More