Angel Giuffria Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angel Giuffria
- Does Angel Giuffria smoke?: Not Known
- Does Angel Giuffria drink alcohol?: Yes
- She is considered the youngest in the world to wear a myoelectric (muscle-controlled prosthetic), which is the first generation bionic arm.
- Giuffria was born missing her left arm below the elbow.
- She got her first prosthesis when she was just 6-week-old.
- When Giuffria was 4-month-10-days-old, she got her first myoelectric muscle operated prosthetic arm.
- While growing up, Giuffria always kept herself updated with the latest technologies in the prosthetics.
- Since her childhood, she was fascinated with the field of acting. However, she feared to believe an acting career was possible for her; because of being an amputee.
- While pursuing her schooling, she also did a research and wrote a thesis titled “An Examination of Perceived Stigmatization & Teasing Experienced by Adolescent Amputees.”
- When she was cast in the 2011 superhero film Green Lantern, she got an opportunity to have an interaction with the noted filmmaker Martin Campbell that proved pivotal for Giuffria.
- Although Green Lantern proved to be a super flop film, Angel Giuffria went on to feature in various films and TV series including The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014), White Rabbit Project (2016), The Accountant (2016), and Genetic Lottery (2016).
- Angel Giuffria is an advocate of prosthetic technology and often takes part in various campaigns related to the prosthesis.
- She has also attended various meetings with senators and policymakers on bills that affect the #amputee community.
- She was featured on the cover of Enable Magazine in its March/April 2018 issue.
- She is also a fitness enthusiast, and in January 2018, she took part in the Empire State Building Run-Up presented by Turkish Airlines and powered by Challenged Athletes Foundation.
- In April 2017, she visited Capitol Hill to discuss policy issues affecting amputees with Representatives & Senators. After the visit, her parents started pushing her to go into politics, which she neither accepted nor denied.
- She was also featured in a Super Bowl advertisement, which was her first commercial ad; aired in 2018.
View this post on Instagram
Tonight my first big commercial (that I'm allowed to talk about) aired during the #SuperBowl and you can catch a glimpse of me doing some bionic archery. I'm so happy a person with differences was able to be showcased within such a huge event. Hopefully this is just a start and also, as of tomorrow, I'm driving out to Los Angeles to live there the next few months. Nervous but excited to try something new! ALSO I need to give a shoutout to my amazing agent @kmrgail who heads the diversity dept. at @kmrtalent Talent Agency & fights so hard for disability inclusion in the media. Thank you Gail💞! #amputee #bionic #bionicactress #bebionic
- She currently wears a motorized prosthetic that requires some charging, and a funny situation took place in March 2018 when she was desperately in need to charge her arm while attending a panel at South by Southwest in Austin.